What the Hair

Elizabeth's POV: months later

"What's this?" I asked.

"Oh! It's a solution i created, it's supposed to help me stop Ruddiger from destroying my lab by trapping him in it till i let him out" he explained.

Suddenly we heard a door open and the trap went off.

Varian laughed a little "watch this" he said going to grab a mask that when he put it on his eyes glowed a yellowish-greenish color.

He went to investigate what set off the trap and i heard him talking.

"What do you want?" I heard him say, were there people there?

"Hi, um...we're looking for Varian" a voice said, i went to see what was going on.

"I am Varian!" Varian said.

I noticed the princess, she started talking "Um hi. So sorry to bother you, sir. I wanted to ask you about my hair. Because you're such a magic exp-"

"Magic?! I do not work with magic!" Varian yelled interrupting her before pulling his mask up.

"I mean, technically, it's not magic. It's alchemy, but yeah don't don't sweat it." He said.

The princess laughed nervously "Got it. So, what is this?" She asked gesturing towards the goopy stuff stuck to her feet.

"Oh, it's it's a chemical compound of my own design. Thank you. See, we have a bit of a critter problem out here, and, through the miracle of modern alchemy, I have found a humane way to solve the problem." Varian said helping Ruddiger who was also in the trap out and leading him outside.

"This is riveting, but could you get us out of here?" A woman standing next to the princess who was also stuck asked.

"Ha! Where is that neutralizing parti-" Varian said before Ruddiger tried to get back in "Oh! C-come on, get outta here!" He said tossing him outside.

He took out a vial with a neutralizing particle and let the princess and the other woman out of the trap.

"I am so sorry, Your Highness." He laughed.

"'Your Highness'? Wait. You know who I am?" The princess asked.

Varian laughed "Uh, how could I not? Look at your hair! Ha! Your highness." He said clearing his throat.

I noticed the princess' long blonde hair...the stories were true.

"Oh, please. Just Rapunzel." She said, she's really nice!

"Wow. Really? Okay. So, fantastical stories of your hair returning have spread throughout Corona. Yeah, people say it's magic, but personally, I don't really believe that. Now, as you have probably guessed, I am a man of science" Varian explained.

"- specifically, al-" he started to say before being cut off by the other woman standing by the princess.

"Alchemy. We know. Now listen, kid. We need your help, but let me make something clear. What happens here stays here, you got it?" She said grabbing the collar of Varian's shirt and lifting him off the ground.

"Varian!" I yelled getting everyone's attention.

"I'm ok, Ellie!" He said, before the lady dropped him.

"Hi!" The princess said.

I waved at her "don't be shy, i'm Rapunzel, but i'm guessing you knew that" she said, i nodded.

"and this is Cassandra, my lady-in-waiting" she gestured towards the other lady.

"What seems to be going on with it?" Varian asked, looking at Rapunzel's hair.