The Quest for Varian

.Elizabeth's POV:

"It was like the dream i had after my coronation only.. more intense" Rapunzel explained to us "this one was, trying to tell me something"

I was a little confused.

I mean sure i've heard of dreams sending messages but... 

"Tell you what?" Cass asked.

"I'm not sure" she said "the rocks, my hair, Varian, it's like they're all connected"

"I have several questions" i said "first, forgive me for the criticism, but, i don't know why you needed to draw Varian so angry, and also we've kinda already pieced together the whole 'hair and rocks connection' thing... or at least that they are connected..."

"But how?"

"Uh, hey, guys? Sorry to interrupt dream chat here but is no one else even a little bit concerned that Rapunzel woke up suspended in midair!?"

"Well, considering this has happened last time too from what Cass told me, or at least something similar with her hair acting up, it may have something to do with the sundrop" i said "but it is still concerning"

"Guys, what i saw ment something" Rapunzel said.

"Okay, let's say it did, what if it was a warning telling you to stay here where you're safe!? I mean we got it pretty good here right? Maybe we should leave the mystery behind these rocks alone"

"Uh hi" i interrupted "can i say something real quick?"

Rapunzel nodded.

"I'm not gonna force you to choose, Princess, but my dad isn't going to want me returning until things are safe back in Old Corona, that and also i may be just a little concerned about the fact that your dream having Varian calling for help might mean something!" 

She sighed "and i need answers, and i think i know where to start looking" 

Later

As we were walking outside, we passed by Rapunzel's statue.

"We still don't know anything about where Varian is and-" she was cut off by a gasp "the kite.. it's the same one from my vision.."

"Uh, Princess, friendly reminder, pretty much all the lanterns we have out around your birthday look like that" i said.

She had already grabbed the attached scroll.

"It's from.. Varian!"

"Wait, what!?" I ran over.

Rapunzel

I need your help now more than ever, i may have discovered the key to the rocks, find the bronze graphtyc in my lab, but be careful, they are watching and will do anything to stop you

"Oh no..." i said.

"What?"

"Princess, i know Varian's handwriting... he wrote this in a hurry...."

"I knew it, he still needs our help!" 

"What do you wanna do?" Cass asked.

She hesitated before speaking "we gotta go to Old Corona"

"And just hope that my dad isn't home...." i said under my breath.

Later

"Old Corona is just over this hill"

"You know, this explains why he hasn't responded to my letters, he probably isn't even home" i said.