Not in the Mood

.

Elizabeth's POV:

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Lets show the Griffin just how we do things in Corona!" i heard Eugene announce in the throne room "It's time to get this party started!"

Which was filled with fog for some reason.

I hope they have a method of clearing it quicker than that.

"I'll hold it just that long" he said.

"No. now ay, Eugene!" Cass stepped up "Fog would make it impossible to see clearly enough to do my job"

"The fog machine does seem a bit unnecessary" Rapunzel said.

"And can be distracting when you don't have quick method of clearing it up" i said "Take it from someone who's worked with smoke bombs."

 "How long have you been standing there?" Eugene asked.

"Long enough" i said.

"Well, regardless" he turned back to Rapunzel "Blondie, i love you, and i don't want to point fingers, mostly because i just got mine manicured and i don't want to show anyone up, but if we're gonna talk about unnecessary, we should talk about the gift baskets you made"

We all looked to the table with several baskets lined up.

"Seriously, did you really have to paint a portrait for every guest?" Cass asked.

"Do you really need six guards at your checkpoint?" the princess responded.

Uh oh...

"Sorry.. uh, that was so rude.." she caught herself.

Well that could have ended badly.

"Ah, that's my girl, you can't even argue without being nice" Eugene told her.

"Yeah do you always have to be so... you?" 

"Well, it's better than always being callous."

And i think i jinxed it.

"I'm not callous, i am practical"

"Yeah, practically heartless!" Eugene chimed in.

I slowly backed out of the room.

later

I walked back towards the castle after picking up some extra arrows and alchemy gear from the market when i bumped into Rapunzel and the others again.

they were still fighting.

"Seems like our friends are going through a rough patch" i heard a voice behind me.

I jumped and turned to see Xavier, the local blacksmith.

Max and Pascal were also there.

"I've seen this many times" he said "They are the growing pains that all strong relationships must endure".

As he walked off, we followed behind him.

"Eventually they will learn to live with each other's flaws and appreciate their strengths, but that sort of thing takes time." he explained.

Where is this going?

"But, if you'd like to speed things along..." he bent down to grab something "This mood tonic may help to soften some of those flaws"

 "what?" 

"One drop for each of them is all it will take." he said.

"Xavier, this sort of thing is dangerous" i said.