Great Expotations

(Prepare yourselves everyone, it's about to get good)

Elizabeth's POV:

I was helping Varian bring his invention to the science expo.

Then we saw Cass, she was fixing a banner.

When we saw her i noticed Varian's eyes lit up.

"Who's ready for the expo?!" He called up to her.

"Hey, Cassie! Hey, you wanna see my new invention? Rumor has it it is a shoo-in for the first prize in the contest. I started the rumor." He said winking at her i laughed a little, but it felt almost forced.

"Oh. Hey, guys. First off, it's Cass, not Cassie. Secondly, I'm slammed, so..." Cass said.

"Oh, yeah, I... I hear ya. Hey, so did I tell you that my invention can create an entirely new element? I call it..." Varian said but was cut off by a guard.

"Cassandra, I thought you should know, the Captain is short on guards
for the expo. This could be your big chance!"

Cass' eyes lit up and she ran off.

Varian sighed.

The banner started to fall and Varian went to fix it.

Suddenly Rapunzel and Eugene appeared.

Rapunzel was wearing some crazy goggles.

"Cassandra! Lookin' good! You should see some of the inventions on display! Look at these crazy goggles!" She said.

"Oh. Hi, guys! I haven't seen you since we..." Rapunzel said.

"Since Varian's last invention almost killed us. So glad you're here. With what looks like another invention." Eugene said.

"Please, I wouldn't miss a chance to promote the merits of alchemy. And wait until you see my invention. I think, uh, everyone at the expo will be impressed." Varian said.

"Cassandra's gonna be here, right?" He asked "Not that I'm doing this for Cassandra! But, yes, she's gonna be there, right?" He laughed a little.

I laughed at his obvious crush but for some reason it felt like i had some kind of pit in my stomach.

Was i....jealous?

No...no...

Later

"There you are, Cass-not-Cassie. We, uh, we didn't finish our conversation from earlier." Varian said.

"I did"

"Oh, you! Seriously, I'm getting ready
for the expo, and I think you'll be pretty impressed with my invention, yeah. The only thing is, when I present it to Master Dr. St. Croix, it's gonna take two people to operate it. Hey! Wanna be the assistant for my demonstration?" Varian asked.

He does realize i've been helping him for weeks right?

I would have been his assistant but no...

He had to ask Cassandra.

Maybe i am jealous...

"Assistant? What? Assis... N... No. Look. No! I can't catch a break today." Cass said accidentally spilling grape juice on the tablecloth.

When she wasn't looking Varian went to fix it.

"Guys, thanks for stopping by, but I wha...? The stain. It's gone! But how?" Cass asked.

"Oh, simple. Grapes are acidic, by combining the alkalinity from the flowers' barley grass with rock salt, I was able to stop the stain's adhesion. Alchemy!" Varian explained.