Eugene's Birthday Sleepover

Elizabeth's POV:

"Hey guys!" Lance caught us as we started heading back to Old Corona from Cass' tower "Aren't you coming to the party?"

"Wasn't that earlier today?" I asked.

"Technically yes but it got cut short and we never got past the cake, so we're trying again, and you guys are invited"

"Eh, i don't see why not" Varian said.

Later

We walked down the hall to Rapunzel's room where her and Eugene were.

"There you are" Lance said "looks like someone forgot to eat their birthday cake!"

Eugene blew out the candles and after that things escalated into being like a sleepover.

"Who wants to play truth or dare?" Rapunzel suggested.

"No, no, i'd be rigged" Eugene said, pointing at Varian "Goggles over here can't lie"

"Oh, right, the truth serum thing" Rapunzel said "It's fine, it just means he's playing the game right"

"Well that's one way to look at it" Varian said.

We sat in a circle.

"Birthday boy goes first" Rapunzel said.

"Ok, dare" Eugene said.

"I dare you to let us do your hair" Rapunzel said.

"Easy, you know how to do hair Blondie, i don't need to worry" Eugene said.

"Oh, i'm not going to" Rapunzel laughed, pointing to Red and Angry who were holding a pair of scissors "they are"

"Seriously!?"

They only cut a bit off but Eugene was not happy.

"Ok my turn" he said, turning to Varian.

"Truth or dare Goggles?"

Varian sighed.

"Fine, i'll humor you, truth"

Eugene had an evil smile on his face.

"You still had the truth serum so now i'm curious, do you still have the serum that turns your raccoon into that beast monster form?"

A look of guilt spread on Varian's face as he winced in pain.

"Ugh! Yes i do! But it's for emergencies only! I modified it! Everything he does if i give him that stuff again is of his own free will! " He said.

"That stuff really is legit" Eugene said.

"Yeah, and it's painful" Varian added.

After a few rounds it was Rapunzel's turn again "Ellie, truth or dare?" She asked.

"Dare!" I said excitedly.

"Ok, i'll start off simple, the rest of us rarely get to see you and Varian kiss, so..." she said.

"Ha! Easy!" I laughed.

I turned to face Varian who seemed nervous.

"Hey, Varian, what's wrong?" I asked "It's not like this is the first time we've kissed"

"I know that" he said "It's just i don't know what will happen with the truth serum still being in effect, i don't want you to be effected too"

"Oh, well who says it has to be on the lips?" I asked, kissing his cheek "done!"

"Oh comon!" Red yelled.

"Sorry, maybe once the truth serum effects have passed" i said.

A few more rounds went by before i noticed Varian looked like he was gonna pass out.

"Varian? Are you ok?" I asked.

"I think i need to lay down for a minute" he said, he started to stand up before falling back down.

"Look what you did guys, you made him to weak to stand!" I said, helping him stand up and leading him outside.

Max ran over and i helped Varian up onto him before getting on myself and heading back to Old Corona.

After we got off Max went back to the castle.

I helped Varian up to his room and sat him on his bed.

"What happened back there?" I asked.

"I'm fine" Varian said "just side effects of the truth serum"

I sat down next to him and kissed his forehead.

"Varian, your burning up" i said.

"I'm fine really" he forced out "i'll be back to normal in like a week or two."

"A week or two? I thought the truth serum only lasted a few days!" I said.

"I does when it's only a few drops but she forced me to drink the entire bottle" he said.

"Is there an antidote?" I asked.

"Well, i made a recipe for one but i don't have any at the moment, i should get to work on that"

He went to get up but i held him back, grabbing a pen and paper.

"No, you're going to rest, i'll make the antidote! Just write down what i'll need" i said, handing him the pen and paper.

He gave me a weak smile and wrote the recipe before handing the paper back to me.

"Now you get some rest! Leave this to me!" I said.