Something Special

Elizabeth's POV

"Uh...Rapunzel?" I got her attention after being escorted to her room by a guard.

"Oh! Hi Ellie how have you been!? How's being Varian's personal assistant going?" She asked.

"Yeah you have been over to his place so much. You might as well be paying him rent at this point" Eugene said "or do you already pay him rent!?" He asked.

I laughed.

"No, no, actually, Eugene can i talk to the princess alone please?" I asked.

"No problem pigtails" he said walking out of the room.

I hated that nickname.

"What did you want to talk about?" Rapunzel asked.

"I-" i struggled to find the words.

"I have a crush on Varian and i don't know how to tell him!" I blurted out, my face probably as red as a tomato out of embarrassment.

"Aw, you need help telling him?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Well, i can help you!"

(Insert trying to impress Varian montage here)(don't question me, i couldn't think of much so just imagine)

3 weeks later

"Hey Ellie?" Varian got my attention while i was watching him work.

"Yeah?"

"I have a question" he said.

"What's that, V?" I asked, leaning forward on the stool i was sitting on, swinging my legs back and forth.

"Why have you been acting so different lately?" He asked.

"Oh! Uh, well...i-" i stuttered.

"I'm just wondering, i mean...smoke clouds shaped like hearts? First of all how did you do that because that is impressive, second are they ment to be for the day of hearts tomorrow?" He asked.

"Oh, uh, speaking of the day of hearts i was wondering if you wanted to....maybe....spend the day up in the city? Just the two of us?" I asked nervously.

I looked over at him.

"Ellie are you..asking me on a date?" He asked.

"If you wanna call it that, and maybe if everything goes well you'll consider being more than just friends?" I said.

He gave me a sweet smile.

He didn't even need to talk for me to be able to tell that was a yes.

The next day: the day of hearts

"So...this is why you were acting weird at the expo" Varian joked.

"Yeah, i hadn't even realized until after what was going on" i said.

I noticed a book up front.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Oh, that's Herz der Sonne's diary, it's left out on the day of hearts for couples to sign but its so much more then just that, it has maps, hidden messages, it's full of interesting stuff" Varian explained.

"Hey if everything goes well, maybe some day we can sign it" i said.

He smiled.

"Of course we would" he said.

(I'm sorry this is cringy I'm not great at writing these parts of stories)