Race to the Spire

(Posting two parts today so i can get the entire finale out tomorrow)

Elizabeth's POV:

So...

Rapunzel and Eugene were planning on going on this crazy adventure and needed a balloon.

So Varian and i are helping out with setting it up.

"I chemically treated these processors so the flames will burn hotter and longer than any natural flame. You are gonna fly like the wind" Varian explained to them.

Suddenly we noticed Eugene trying to get into stuff.

"Don't touch that" Varian said.

"Or that" he said when he tried to touch another thing.

Then he turned to me and gave me a mischievous smile like he was planning something.

"Oh my god! Don't touch that it's gonna blow!" He yelled when Eugene tried to touch something again, making him scream.

I laughed so much my stomach started to hurt.

"Gotcha! Just messing with you!" Varian laughed.

"I knew that! And your on my list bud" Eugene said.

"Guys! Focus" Rapunzel said.

"Look at this" she said pointing to a map "it took us weeks to get to the Spire on foot but thanks to Varian's speed balloon and this direct route, we'll make it in a day"

"Good job buddy" Eugene said.

Varian looked closer at the map.

"Oh, wait, this takes you over Kresten Loch" he said.

Rapunzel looked at him.

"Uh, Kresten Loch? The frozen sea? Miles and miles of deadly wintery expanse?" He explained.

Pascal seemed to get scared.

"That's the one" Rapunzel said, surprisingly calm.

"Well if it were anybody other then you, i'd be worried" Varian said before falling over.

"Who glued my boots to the ground?" He asked.

"That's for your little balloon prank earlier" Eugene said "Eugene Fitzherbert never forgets!" He added, getting the brush stuck to his hand.

After the balloon took of we walked back to Varian's house.

"So...do you think they'll be ok?" I asked.

"I'm sure they will, you know how they are" he said.