Secret of the Sundrop: part 1

Elizabeth's POV:

I heard noises outside so i walked onto the balcony to see what was happening.

"What's going on!?" I called down to Cass who looked like she was about to catapult Eugene into a wall.

"We're breaking Rapunzel out of a tower" Cass said.

"Again" Eugene added "which i never signed up for!"

"Let me help you out there" i said, shooting an arrow at the rope and sending Eugene into the air.

I laughed a little before i heard a familiar voice.

Fog filled the area.

"Hello, Corona."

"Varian?" I said.

No...no...

"Something dark is coming for you. Our king has refused to acknowledge it. In the hopes of keeping his secret, he has lied to you and vilified me."

"No..." i cried.

"In a matter of days, Corona, this island, and the castle itself, will be overcome by this growth. It has already taken over the outskirts of the kingdom. The key to stopping this destruction is Princess Rapunzel herself."

I looked at Rapunzel, she was in shock and guilt was written all over her face.

"I have asked for help and have been ignored. I will not be ignored any longer. And to make sure I have your attention, I've developed a new serum, and created something special for you all."

"Varian...what did you do...?" I said

I tried to help but got completely lost, all i did was hold up my bow and arrow to defend myself.

When things became clear half the guards had been attacked and a beast was wrapped up in Rapunzel's hair.

Wait....

I walked up to it.

It looked back at me.

"Ruddiger?" I said.

"What did he do to you buddy?" I asked.

Suddenly he returned to normal size and jumped into my arms.

"It's ok buddy" i said.

"Princess Rapunzel, King Frederic. It's the queen. She's gone." A guard yelled from the balcony.

He didn't....he wouldn't.....

"Varian...."