Rapunzel's Return

Elizabeth's POV:
I'd only been in that cell for a week when i heard something.

It sounded like someone was being dragged to the cell.

When i noticed who had been thrown in with me i was shocked.

"Princess!" I yelled excitedly.

"Hi Ellie" Rapunzel said.

She turned to Varian and the others who were standing outside.

"Varian. How could you do this?"

"I want you to know, I wish it didn't come to this. But when someone trusts you and you betray them, well, this is what happens." Varian explained.

"My kingdom needed me. I couldn't do anything about the amber, and I had to stay. I never meant to break my promise to you, Varian. We were friends." Rapunzel said.

"That's the beauty of my plan. In the end, when your memory has been erased, we can be friends again." Varian said.

"But you're only making it worse. None of these people did anything to you."

"It's not what they did to me. It's what I did to them. And there-- there is no way that they will ever forgive me."

"How do you know if you don't give them the chance?"

"I took their queen prisoner, I threatened their princess, I helped these guys take over their kingdom. You think anyone's gonna give me a second chance? I don't think so. No, making them forget is the only way to fix what I've done." Varian said.

One of his 'new friends' walked up behind him.

"Yeah, there's been a slight change of plans, buddy. Now that she's back, we don't have time for you to get your memory formula right." The man said

"We are still using the formula you've curated. Quirineon explodes. It will turn Corona to ashes." Another person said.

"But, no. No! We agreed nobody would be harmed!" Varian said.

There's the Varian i know and love.

"Relax, Varian. You don't want to end up on the wrong side of history. You understand, buddy." The man said.

Varian looked at me and Rapunzel.

"You're right. So I'm gonna have to ask you" Varian reached into his pocket.

"to step inside that cell."

Yes!

"Are you betraying us, boy?"

"I'm getting on the right side of history." Varian said.

"Take him out!"

Varian threw the alchemy ball at them and it exploded into bubbles.

I couldn't help but laugh.

"Ohhhhh. Sorry guys, that was a-Yeah, that was a bath bomb." Varian said.

Classic Varian.

Before we knew it Varian was in the cell with us and the other guys had left.

"All I ever wanted was for my father to be proud. Of course, if he were free from the amber now and saw everything I've done, well, he'd be ashamed." Varian said, curling up into a little ball on one of the beds.

"No he wouldn't" i said.

"You don't know that..." Varian said.

"You know...standing up to Andrew just now was pretty brave." Rapunzel said.