Thirty-two

"Babe?" Charlie's voice filled the room as he entered through the door. "Angel, you asleep?"

"Piss off." I muttered into my pillow. I went to bed early, cried myself to sleep and kept waking up throughout the night.

Why did love have to be so hard? I honestly wish I could just forget everything that had happened and trust him again, but it was hard and he apparently didn't understand that.

He didn't say anything else, but I knew he was still in the room. I could hear his breathing.

"Ember, please." He sighed. "I don't want to go to work while being on bad terms with you."

"I'll see you tonight." I simply said, snuggling up with my pillow while pulling the duvet up to over my shoulders.

"Okay." He breathed. "I'll be home at six."

I didn't answer. I heard the floor creak and his footsteps before I heard the door to the room close.

When I was sure he had left the loft, I sat up and ran my hands over my face. I then let one hand drop while the other continued into my messy hair.

"Fuck." I whispered to myself. Today was going to be a long day for me. After our fight, I didn't have much energy, but I was going to visit the Burrow today to see my second family.

They've always been my family. All the way back to when I was eleven and I met them for the first time during Christmas. Even when Charlie and I weren't together, I still saw them because they'll always be family to me.

I sat in bed for about ten minutes, trying to gather the courage to get out of bed. When I did, I headed straight for the bathroom so I could take a shower.

When I finished my shower and used the drying spell on my hair, I walked out of the bathroom and the first thing I saw was how much it was pouring down outside. It was loud and it looked violent. Good thing I was using the floo network to get to the Burrow when I had gotten ready for the day.

I got myself dressed in a white t-shirt with some light blue dungarees overalls and after brushing through my hair, I tied a matching blue banana around it, almost like a modern day Cinderella.

Well, a ginger version of Cinderella and with a very freckled face.

I did a light makeup. I wasn't really in the mood for more than that, and then I grabbed my wand on my way to the fireplace in the living room.

I pushed my wand into my pocket before I grabbed a handful of floo powder, then stepped into the fireplace.

"The Burrow."

Green fire surrounded me before I a short moment later stepped out of the fireplace and into the living room of the Burrow.

Ginny who sat on the sofa, jumped up with a shriek while she embraced me in a tight hug. I smiled as I hugged her back.

"Mum!" She called through the house after pulling back. "Ember's here!"

Ginny looked at me again, then looked me up and down.

"You look good. You haven't been around for a while — mum says a few months." She said. "Is everything alright?"

"Oh, everything is fine." I smiled. "Why wouldn't it be?"

Ginny wrapped her arms around herself as she smiled weakly. "The whole thing with Charlie. The last time I saw you, you still looked so crushed about it, but now you look a lot happier. Tired — but happier."

Oh...

We completely forgot to tell Charlie's family that he was back. Apparently Bill and George hadn't said anything.

I parted my lips to say something, but didn't know what to say. Luckily for me, Molly came rushing down the stairs with a smile.

"Ember, dear!" She greeted me in a hug. She then pulled back with her familiar and warm smile as she cupped my face. "Look at you. You're glowing."

I thought today would be hard, but being back at the Burrow actually made me feel so much better after the fight with Charlie last night.

"It's good seeing you Molly." I smiled. "It's good to be back too. I've been hid away in my loft and the shop for way too long."

"Oh well— it's good to see you out then." She smiled. "Do you want some tea before we catch up?"

"That would be lovely, thank you Molly."

"Ginny?" Molly asked as she looked to her daughter.

"No thanks, mum." Ginny responded. "I'm gonna show Ember my wedding dress."

As Molly went into the kitchen, Ginny grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs until we reached her bedroom.

"It's so beautiful." She told me while we walked inside her room. "George paid for it. I told him no because it's his money that he earned himself from the shop, but he insisted. He said Fred would've agreed and that I would let him down by saying no."

Ginny pulled out a dress from her closet, packed in a see-through bag.

"He loves using Freddie to get his way." Ginny said with a small smile as she shook her head. She handed me the dress and I watched it while holding it in front of me.

"It's beautiful." I said. "I bet you look really gorgeous in it."

"Well, I'd like to think so." She said. "You'll see it at the wedding. You are coming to the wedding, aren't you? I'm on Charlie's going to be there but I hope that won't make you stay away."

I looked at her as she spoke and smiled weakly as I handed her back the dress. She put it in the closet before she turned to me again with a questioning look.

"Of course I'll be there at your wedding." I smiled. "I actually have something I need to say."

"Oh?" She questioned. "Don't tell me you're getting married. You haven't mentioned anyone and it has barely been seven months since—"

She stopped herself by chewing on her lip. I chuckled softly, shaking my head.

"Charlie came back." I said. "At the start of the month."

"Oh, did he now?" She asked, folding her arms over her chest as she looked at me with both brows raised. "I hope you kicked him in the balls real hard."

"Uh— you see... at first I was really angry. I still am and we just had a fight about the whole thing last night, but we're doing couples counselling and working to get through it."

Ginny unfolded her arms with a sigh.

"I mean— if you can work it out, that'll be great." She said. "Just be careful. Charlie may be my brother but you're like a sister to me and I love you just as much."