19 | A Familiar Place

I just woke up and I felt the cold around

I just woke up and I felt the cold around. I immediately looked out the window and saw that it was snowing now. I immediately got up and did my morning routine before leaving the room.

There were smiles on my lips when I came out of the room and my grandmother noticed it.

"You seems so happy now." My grandma said.

"Is it because there is snow now?" My dad asked and I nodded while smiling.

"That's why..You still have not changed. You still want to play snow." My grandpa chuckled softly.

° ° °

After we ate, I immediately went to my bedroom to change my clothes.

"Where are you going Aera?" My grandma asked.

"Outside Halmeoni."

"Ok, Don't stay outside too long you may catch a cold."

"Ok Halmeoni, bye~" I said waving. My grandma waved back then I left.

I was outside and I was a bit far from my grandparents' house now. I only see a few people and because it is still early, While I was taking a selfie I saw a familiar person. When that person noticed that I am looking at her or him I didn't expect it's Yoongi.

why he's here?

"Yoongi!" I shouted.

I shouldn't have shouted might someone could hear me.

I immediately went to him.

"Sorry for shouting your name." I said

"It's ok, anyways why are you here in Daegu?" He asked.

"We visited my grandparents and here we will also celebrate Christmas and new year." I said.

"How about you?" I asked.

"Oh..we were shooting something and here is also our location for the christmas break but just for one week because we need to go back in Seoul immediately because we need to attend award shows." He said and I nodded.

"and..btw, your cousin said he will going to your grandparents house tomorrow he told me that earlier." He said

"Where's Jin oppa now?" I asked.

"We rented an apartment here so he's in apartment sleeping." He said and I nodded.

"Can't you celebrate Christmas with your family?" I asked.

"Yes, because of tight schedule." He shrugged.

"I think I need to go now because our manager texted me. Bye~" he said and I waved at him then he left.

•••

I don't know where my foot is going but I keep walking until I get to a familiar place.

"This place is familiar." I muttered.

I really can't remember because it was 16 years ago.

FLASHBACK

I was only 4 years old when we visited our grandparents here in Daegu. It's my first in Daegu until I saw a playground. I went to this playground my father didn't know because I secretly left just to play here on the playground it's not quite far to my grandparents house so I know where my grandparents house.

While I was playing alone I suddenly fell and I saw my knees and elbows bleeding and because I was afraid to see blood when I was young I just cried because I do not know what to do because I see pure blood.

Until someone approached me a boy but he looked older than me.
"hey kid are you ok?" He asked. I just look at him while crying.

"Hey it's ok..are afraid of blood?" He asked and I nodded.

"Here I have an extra handkerchief." He said and he put his handkerchief on my knee and I could not see the blood so I stopped crying and I lost my nervousness.

"t-thank you.." I said as I wipe my tears.

I immediately got up and I was about to cross the road but he suddenly pulled me towards him.

"You almost hit a car. Thanks God! I immediately pulled you immediately. Next time you need to look at the road first before you cross ok?" He said and I just look at him blankly.

He ruffled my hair and smiled. "What's your name–" he didn't continue his words when someone shouted my name. I look behind me and I saw my dad. I look at the boy and I smiled. "I-I'm Aera." I said before I went to my dad.

END OF FLASHBACK

Until now I still have his handkerchief and I can no longer remember his face because that happened a long time ago. I want to say thank you to him for saving me because I almost hit a car. If ever I met him again I will return the handkerchief to him and I will say thank you.

I heard someone calling my name when I looked behind me my father was waving at me.

"Aera! Let's go home now!" He said.

I smiled before I went to my dad.