||19||

•Chapter Nineteen•
Patience is a Virtue
(ASGARDIAN PALACE)
REWRITTEN

When I came to, I knew two things. One, I was in a medical bay of sorts and two, my head was pounding so hard that it felt as if I had been hit by a truck. The former I could work with, the latter was killing me.

I slowly sat up, cradling my head in my hands. I clenched my teeth as the movement increased my pain. "Ow, ow, ow, ow..."

"My child, it would be best if you lie back down." A voice warned and I jumped out of surprise. As quickly as I could, I turned towards the owner. It was a woman; dressed in a long, flowing blue dress. Her nearly white hair was pulled back from her angular face in a lose bun and her piercing silver eyes watched me worriedly.

"What?" I murmured, tilting my head. Where exactly am I?

"Do not fret my child. You are in the Palace's healing room." The woman explained softly and I jumped again in panic. How did she know?

She must have seen the look on my face because she spoke again. "You spoke your thoughts out loud, my dear."

I sighed in relief and the woman stepped closer to the bed I was lying on. That's when I noticed the small cup in her hands, she raised it higher and handed it to me.

"This should help the headache." She cooed as I took the cup in my own hands. I stared down at the contents, watching as the blue tinted liquid swished up against the sides.

"It's blue." I hummed quietly. The woman chuckled at my reaction.

"It's a concoction of fruit and herbs native to the realm. It gets it's blue color from the fruit," the woman paused, smiling, "and it is used to ease head pain."

I nodded, feeling safer about drinking it now knowing what was in it. I raised the cup to my lips and tilted it back. The cold liquid hit my tongue and I resisted the urge to gag. The woman laughed again at the face I made.

"I never said it tasted good." She mused, taking the cup back from me once I had finished the hellish liquid. I shook my head, trying to think of something other then the taste in my mouth. I was already noticing the effects of the drink, my pain had dissipated and my head was clearing. A thought crossed my mind. Why did I have a headache?

Then I remembered; Loki!

How on Earth could I have forgot about that? We had arrived in Asgard and the guards ceased Loki. I was trying to help him when one of the guards knocked me out with something. That's why I was here.

Again, the woman saw the look on my face and she set her hand gently onto my arm. "My child, pl—"

"Where is my brother?" I hissed, instantly regretting my tone. I couldn't be mad at this woman, she had helped me and besides, she had don't to do with what happened to Loki.

The woman pursed her lips, "I can not tell you that, dear."

I growled in annoyance before pulling away from her and jumping up from the bed. The moment I stepped onto the ground, stumbled towards it. The woman gasped in concern, running around the bed but I was already pushing myself up.