||16||

•Chapter Sixteen•
Frozen
(S.H.I.E.L.D. HELICARRIER)
REWRITTEN

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V.

"Help?" Fury repeated, shock lacing his words.  His eyes held a disbelief that could not be put in words.  "You come asking for help?"  Jane nodded and Fury continued on.

"A war criminal kidnaps my daughter and you come to ask me to help him?"

Jane pursed her lips—she hadn't deal with the Director personally very many times, but the one thing that stuck out in her mind was that he rarely ever let you get a word in.  Still, she had assumed that he'd at least quiet long enough for her to calmly explain the situation.  But it didn't look like that was going to happen.

"Director," Jane began, "your daughter, is also Loki's sister.  I understand what he did is unacceptable and there'll be a time to discuss that later.  But now?   Both of their lives are in potential danger."

The bridge went silent again.  "What?"  Fury gapped.  Was he going to listened now?

Jane sighed, "last night, Lorien had a very vivid nightmare that a Chituari killed Loki.  Stabbed him through the chest with a sword, killing him instantly while Lorien could only watch.  Loki believes the nightmare to be a threat from Thanos."

"Thanos?"  Tony repeated, "where have we heard that name before?"

"He's the guy that supplied Loki with the Chituari."  Clint explained bitterly.  His arms were crossed and his feet were propped up on the round table.  The archer still wasn't sure what to make of the whole ordeal. 

On one hand, his repressed anger towards the God of Mischief hadn't completely left him; but on the other, he wasn't going to let past grievances stop him from helping a child.  Clint was willing to look past his hatred towards Loki if his sister was truly in danger.  Even as his gaze scanned around the table, he could tell the others shared his opinion.

"It's an act of revenge, right?"  Clint began, "Loki didn't bring him the Tesseract.  Now, with it being in Asgard, he can't get to it so he's punishing Loki."  Natasha nodded in agreement, sitting up straight in her seat.  All three other Avengers did the same before turning to look at Fury.

"This would not be a problem if Loki hadn't ta—"

Tony cut him off, "not technically.  Thanos would have to had known about Lorien previously, it was just a matter of time before he made a threat."

A huff of air escaped Fury's lips as it occurred to him that the doctor was right.  Strategically it made sense and besides, harboring Loki would also mean Lorien would yet again be put under his protection.

Fury crossed his arms and turned back to Jane.  "I will allow safe haven for Loki."

"Thank you, sir."  Jane began.

"But," Fury interjected harshly, "he will be under constant surveillance the entire time he is on this ship.  I don't even want him walking down a hallway alone.  He will not cause any problems, is that understood?"

Jane nodded her head, "yes, yes it is."

~*~
LORIEN'S P.O.V.
(FOSTER SUMMER HOUSE)

Heaven, literal heaven. Not pancakes—round, fluffy cakes from heaven above. Intertwined with white chocolate chips and tiny pieces of apples sealed the deal. I was in love.

"Never, in my entire life, have I seen someone eat that fast." Darcy's voice broke me out of my trance and I glanced up at her startled, dropping my fork.

"What?" I chirped meekly, feeling my cheeks heat up. Darcy rolled her eyes before motioning at my plate.

"You literally inhaled your food and we haven't even sat down to watch the movie yet."

I let out a nervous laugh, realizing that Loki was also staring at me. "Your pancakes are good."

"I can tell." Darcy snorted.  She rolled her eyes and ruffled my hair with her hand.  I frowned, glaring at her.

"If you're done giving me the evil eye," Darcy mused, walking out of the kitchen, "we can get this movie going."

I grimaced again but stood up from my barstool, "fine."  I turned and grabbed Loki's arm.

"Let's go watch some Frozen, big bro."

Loki sighed, following after me unwillingly with his plate in his hands.  Both him and Darcy had yet to eat—unlike my vacuum self as Darcy would likely call it.

The two adults settled down on the couch and a headed over to the t.v. to put the movie in.  Within seconds the screen lit up with light and color, sending me back to my spot. 

"I can't believe you picked Frozen, of all movies, to be the first movie Loki sees."  Darcy murmured as the movie trailers before the actual movie, played across the screen.  I rolled my own eyes and put my finger to my lips.

"Shhh."