Chapter 8

Author's Notes

There will be some mature themes in this chapter so I tried to keep it as suitable for work as possible. A small part of this chapter is inspired by artist @Tinymirtillino on Twitter, IYKYK :).

I considered writing a separate one-shot instead because there is a little more backstory for Kywa and Catra I would've liked to explore, but I feel like too much exposition would've interrupted the flow of this story. I could always write a one-shot for this chapter later :) - Jenna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Catra stared at herself in the bathroom mirror, today she decided to wear an oversized jumper and black drawstring shorts that came out of a pile of clothes that Rogue had given her and Adora. She stared intently at her hair, she was having one of those days with it, she almost forgot what it was like to manage long hair, and sleeping with it out didn't help the situation she looked as though she had spent the night playing with a power outlet.

She picked up the brush from the sink and tried unsuccessfully to get it through her hair and on the third attempt it became entangled. She groaned in frustration and walked out of the bathroom. Adora was standing at the window and turned her head when she heard Catra groan, "frustrated so early in the morning?"

Adora was wearing a white blouse and black pants, she was definitely a welcome sight this morning. Catra thought, "oh you know the usual joys of having wild hair", Catra plopped down on the bed with her legs crossed.

Adora notices the brush stuck in her hair and laughs, "here, let me help", she sits behind Catra on the bed and gently untangles the brush and does her hair, Adora finishes by taking the hair tie from around her wrist and putting it up in a loose ponytail. Catra leans back against Adora and purrs softly, "this is nice",

Adora laughs and wraps her arms around Catra, "What are you talking about, we cuddle all the time"

"You know what I mean, no real responsibilities, just us doing absolutely nothing",

Adora sighs and whispers innocently, " You're right, we could do whatever we want right now",

Catra blushed hard, she could feel goosebumps starting to form, she knew Adora didn't mean what Catra thought she meant, She claps her hands together and quickly got up from the bed, "Time for breakfast!", leaving Adora still sitting on the bed dumbfounded.

Glimmer is already sitting at the dining table eating breakfast, "Well hello there Princess Kitty, she says smugly.

Catra rolled her eyes, " Haven't you got a boyfriend to annoy or something?",

"He went off exploring somewhere, Your Highness", Glimmer gives Catra a toothy grin.

Catra's eye twitches, "The joke is getting old"

"On the contrary, for the amount of time I've had to put up with you calling me Sparkles it's only fair I pay you back", Catra gives a low growl picks up an apple from the fruit bowl, and throws it at Glimmer, she easily teleports it back over Catra's head and lets it fall, it bounces off and rolls across the floor.

Tao walks in, picks up the apple, and hands it to Catra, "Do your friends often tease you like this?"

Catra, taking the apple, glares at Glimmer and angrily takes a bite, "Only the ones that taste like glitter", then sits down at the table.

Tao pulls out his chair and sits down, then pours himself some juice, "I'm glad you're up early actually Catra, I was wondering if you're still on the fence about tonight's dinner?