Six

Demi

"Shit, it's twins" I laughed, tears pouring down my cheeks as Kobe's mouth fell open. "There's two of them."

Kobe glanced down at me and lightly laughed

Kobe glanced down at me and lightly laughed. He leant to brush his lips with mine and I cried as I ran my hand along his cheek.

"Both babies have perfect heart rates" that sentence should have helped to settle my anxiety but it didn't because everything was perfect when I was pregnant with Thea too.

"Can you see whether they're identical or not?"

"There's two separate sacks so they're fraternal."

"Good. We'll be able to tell them a part" I rolled my eyes as I looked up at Kobe who chuckled. "What?" I shook my head and glanced back to the monitor, a small smile forming on my face.

"I'm going to put you at 9 weeks, Demi, and because you're carrying twins, you'll be full term at 38 weeks so that puts your due date around March 24th."

"Hopefully Kyra doesn't have to share her birthday" Kobe chuckled as he leant to kiss my temple.

"I'm going to print you out a couple copies. The twins look healthy and they're measuring perfect" he removed the wand from my tummy and passed me some tissue. "Maci did express her concerns about your blood pressure so is it possible for me to check that again?" I nodded as I pulled down my shirt and sat up on the bed. I draped my legs over the side and held my arm out. He wrapped the cuff around my arm. "It's still a little high, Demi. I understand that you're quite anxious about this pregnancy because of what happened during your last, but it's really important that we try to keep your blood pressure down" I have two daughters, one who thinks she's a teenager already, and I have an energetic 5 year old, and I'm majorly stressing about this pregnancy. Lowering my blood pressure may be a little bit of a challenge.

"I'll try and keep her stress free, Doctor" Dr Monroe gave us a smile before he headed from the room. "You okay, Baby?"

"Twins, Kobe" he lightly laughed as I glanced to him. "We-We're having twins. Oh my god, I'm gonna be huge."

"And you're still going to be gorgeous."

"Good luck with keeping my stress levels low. My stress levels are like way up high" I held my hand above my head. Kobe took a seat on the edge of the bed beside me. "Never mind me stressing about these babies. We have an energetic 5 year old at home and a 9 year old who already thinks she's a teenager" Kobe pressed his lips against my temple.

"We'll be fine, Baby, because we're a team" he ran his hand along my arm and took my hand in his. "Maybe we should tell the kids about the babies, it might help with your stress levels."

"But if we start telling people then it makes it more real."

"This is real, Baby, and only if something terrible happens will it not be real" I smiled as he ran his hand along my stomach. I leant myself into his side and ran my hand along his. "We're going to have two beautiful babies at the end of this" Dr Monroe stepped back into the office a moment later with an envelope which he handed straight to me.

"You can go ahead and book your next appointment at reception. Just try and remember to keep your blood pressure down. I'll see you in a few weeks" we headed straight from the doctor's office, stopping off at reception to book my next appointment. Once that was all booked in, we headed home.

-

"I think after these babies I want to get my tubes tied" I had my legs draped over Kobe's lap, his hand settled on my thigh.

"Whatever you want, Baby. You can talk to Dr Monroe about it at our next appointment."

"I mean, I'm 37 and I'm having twins. I think I'm done having babies after these two" Kobe lightly laughed.

"I support you 100%" I smiled up at him.

"As long as these two get here safe, you got your three that I promised you" Kobe shook his head but smiled.

"Baby, we've got 6" the backs of my eyes burnt with tears. I've always loved that Kobe classes Ayla and Kyra as his own.

"Thea would be two now. She would be walking and talking" he leant into me, his fingers stroking through my hair. "I imagine her to look like you, just like Isaiah. You think we'd be having these twins if she was here" he widely nodded with a smile.

"Yeah. You promised me 3, remember?" I rolled my eyes as his lips twitched into a smirk. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he leant into me and I ran my fingers through his curls.

"Can we have Chinese tonight?"

"You and your pregnancy cravings" I lightly giggled, my neck arching to provide him with access as he lightly nibbled and sucked on my sweet spot. "I love you" I smiled as he pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"I love you too. I'm starting to think we can do this."

"We can do this, Baby" he pulled away and stroked a strand of hair behind my ear. "No matter what happens, we're in this together, okay? We're a team."

"You ready to deal with my hormonal ass again?"

"I'm so ready."

"You're going to have to deal with my stressing ass too, because I think this pregnancy is going to be hard. I'm going to be stressing a lot because of what happened with Thea."

"You couldn't help what happened with Thea. It wasn't your fault and I know that you still think it was, but it wasn't" the backs of my eyes burnt with tears. Kobe knows me so well, he knows how I'm feeling even if I'm not completely honest. "These babies are going to grow big and strong. We're going to get these babies, Dem" I leant up to press my lips with his as the tears slowly poured down my cheeks.

——