Eleven

Demi

"How close are you to finishing your book, Demi?" I glanced up at Scooter who was tapping away on his iPad.

"I've just sent it off for editing."

"So, we're nearly there then?"

"Yep."

"You think it'll be ready for a Christmas release? I think it would be very high in demand."

"Probably. We'll have to see what they say, see if there's much editing required" he nodded as he glanced up at me.

"When the book is released, we'll have to plan a book tour because you are very high in demand" I lightly smiled, glancing down briefly at my belly that was growing more and more prominent. All family and friends know about the babies, everyone is so enthusiastic and I am too, but there's still that nagging thought in the back of my head that something is going to go wrong and I'm not going to get these babies at the end. "I understand that you won't want to travel as you get further along in your pregnancy, so we either release this book at the end of the year or we wait until after the twins are born. When are you due again?"

"I'm due the end of March."

"Okay."

"We could release it next Christmas."

"Would you really want to wait another year?" I bit my lip and shrugged. "We'll wait for the editing team to get back to you and we'll see what they say. We'll go from there" I nodded, liking the idea of that. I don't want to make a plan just yet.

-

"Hi, Baby" I smiled as Kobe ran his hand along my waist and bent down to peck my lips. "How was the meeting?"

"Fine. We're just trying to decide on a release date for my book" the sound of feet pounding against the stairs made me smile. Isaiah appeared in the kitchen just a moment later.

"Mommy" I lightly laughed as he crashed into my legs.

"Hi Handsome. Did you have a good day at school?" I lightly ran my fingers through his hair as he nodded.

"I can count to 20."

"Wow, Baby. You'll have to show me that little talent later, okay?" he giggled as I tapped him on the nose. There was more movement upstairs and then Ayla and Kyra appeared a matter of minutes later. I hugged them both, smiling widely as they both spoke their hellos to the babies in my belly.

"Mom?"

"Yeah, Peanut?"

"Penny's having a party and a sleepover at her house on Halloween. Can I go?"

"And what's the magic word, Ayla?"

"Please?" I lightly laughed as I glanced to Kobe.

"I'm sure that won't be a problem" the wide smile that spread across her face made my heart feel happy.

"Thank you, Mommy" she wrapped her arms around me in a hug and I widely smiled. I love when the kids call me mommy, especially Ayla, because she's starting to not say it as often now that she's getting older. "I love you."

"I love you too, Baby Girl."

-

I lightly ran my fingers through Kobe's curls as he remained snuggled into me, his head resting on my belly.

"When do you want to tell the world about the twins?"

"If I could get away with not announcing it, I would" Kobe lightly traced patterns on my bump. "Well, I'm struggling to hide it now but I think we should wait until my 20 week checkup, at least hopefully by then everything should be good."

"We're getting these babies, Dem" he lifted his head off my shoulder and leant to peck my cheek.

"I've really missed you" his eyebrows furrowed.

"Baby, I haven't been anywhere" I bit my lower lip and moved myself to straddle his lap. "Okay, now I get it" he lightly chuckled as he ran his hands along my thighs. I haven't wanted to be intimate for the last couple of weeks because I've just felt like shit. I wrapped my arms around his neck and played with his curls. I leant down to brush my lips with his, smiling into the kiss, giggling as his fingers ran under my shirt.

"That tickles" he lightly laughed against my lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too" I began to grind myself against his lap, smiling into the kiss as I felt him harden beneath me. I could feel my panties dampening as I pressed myself harder into him. His hands ran onto my ass and he gave it a gentle squeeze. I moaned against his mouth as his hands began to tug my shirt up but before he could totally remove it, there was a little voice.

"Mommy?" I moved away from Kobe and turned to find Isaiah stood in the doorway.

"Hi Handsome. Why are you not asleep?"

"Why you sat on daddy?" his eyebrows were knitted together with curiosity as he stepped towards us.

"We were having cuddles. Why are you not in bed?" I slid off Kobe's lap as Isaiah leant his upper body over the couch.

"I not tired."

"You were tired half an hour ago when I came up to check on you and you were snoring your little head off."

"I don't snore" his face hardened and he crossed his little arms over his chest. I loudly laughed at his pouty face.

"Do you want another story?" he giggled as I lightly tapped the tip of his nose.

"Why I not stay and watch tv with you and daddy?"

"Because you have school tomorrow. Come on, let's go back to bed" he grumbled as I lightly moved him off the couch and he giggled as I gently pushed him towards the door. "I'll meet you upstairs" Kobe nodded and I gave him a peck before I headed to Isaiah. "Come on, Zay" he continued to giggle as I lightly took a hold of his shoulders and guided him towards the stairs. "What do you want me to read?"

"Mr Wolf's Pancakes."

"That's a long book, Baby."

"Yeah, so I get to stay up longer" I shook my head but my lips did twitch at the corners.

"You're too clever" he giggled, skipping into his bedroom. I ran my hand along my belly as I followed behind him, excited but also terrified for the future.

——