Nineteen

Kobe

I spent the next hour with the twins until I was allowed in to see Demi. I thought I felt nervous going to see the twins for the first time but it was nothing compared to how I felt stepping into the private room that Demi had been moved too. She looked pale and if it wasn't for the heart monitor tracking her heart rate, I would have said she looked dead. She had a tube in her mouth that was attached to a machine which was helping her to breathe. She's currently in a medically-sedated coma. They're aiming to ease off on the sedation in the next 24 hours.

"Hi Baby" Eddie pushed himself up from the chair he was sat in and he gave my arm a squeeze as he walked past me and from the room. It wasn't until the door closed behind him that I allowed myself to properly cry. I sunk down into one of the chairs beside the bed, my hand reaching to take a hold of Demi's ice cold one. The fact that her hand didn't curl around mine completely broke my heart, it just lay limp. My thumb lightly began to trace the lion tattoo on the back of it. "I can't do any of this without you, Demi. You need to fight through this. I can't lose you, Baby" I lifted her hand up to press a kiss to the back of it. "You're my little lioness, Demi and I need you" I choked on a sob as I kept the back of her hand pressed to my lips. "I love you so much, Demetria. You can't leave me, okay?" I sat beside her, just watching as her chest rose and fell with every breath that the machine took for her. I sniffled and quickly wiped at my cheeks before I found the courage to speak again. "We have the most beautiful twins, Dems. And you were right, we've got a little boy and a girl. We have an Elijah and an Indiana" I felt useless as I stared at my wife's blank face. I want to see her lips twitch at the corners. I want to stare into those beautiful eyes that have held me captive for nearly 10 years. "You can kick my ass when you wake up if you don't like their names but I think they suit them" I lightly sighed. "Elijah's like your twin, Dem. He's so handsome, and Indi, she's beautiful" I lightly traced my finger down the side of her face. "I love you so much, Baby, and I'm going to stay here until they kick me out" I relaxed back against the chair, keeping a hold of her hand as I watched her chest rise and fall.

I spent the next couple hours just watching her, praying for her to fight through this. I can't lose her. There is no way I can parent without her. Dianna stepped into the room at some point and took a seat on the opposite side of the bed. She spoke softly to Demi, talking about the children and everything she had to look forward too. I seemed to zone out at some point. I don't know how long I actually sat there until Dianna pulled me from my thoughts.

"Kobe?" I glanced up at her. "Visiting hours are over" she flashed me a light smile. I nodded as I glanced back at my wife, my forever.

"I'll come and see you tomorrow, okay? I love you, Baby" I gave her hand a squeeze and then leant to peck her cheek. I pushed myself up from the chair and then followed Dianna from the hospital. The drive home was completely silent and it broke my heart. It hurt to leave Demi and the twins alone at the hospital. The house was silent and I slowly sunk to the floor, tears flowing down my cheeks after I'd locked the front door. Ella appeared at my feet, her head instantly nudging at my hand. "Hi Ella" I lightly smiled as she curled herself up at my side. The silence was deafening, all I could hear were my thoughts and they weren't nice. I sunk my head into my hands as the tears flowed rapidly down my cheeks. I choked on a sob, my heart completely numb in my chest. Ella began to lick at my hand which made me lightly laugh. I eventually managed to find the strength to move away from the door. Ella followed me around the house, she even sat curled up on the rug as I forced myself into the shower. I cried as I showered, unable to stop the tears even for a second. I missed the idea of Demi joining me in the shower. I missed the way her eyes would sparkle and her lips would twitch into a smirk as her hand would run along my chest and delicately down my torso. I wrapped the towel around my waist as I stepped out, my eyes landing on Demi's robe that hung on the back of the door and the tears started all over again, actually I don't think they ever really stopped.

——

I am so, so sorry that it took so long to update this ☹️ This is just a little sort of filler chapter!! I've reread the entire series and some of my inspiration is slowly returning. I forgot how much I actually loved this family 😍 I don't know how long this book will be (probably not as long as the others in the series) but hopefully I'll be able to finish it. I love you all so much for your support. Thank you for sticking around ❤️❤️