Ten

Demi

"Hi Nana" Isaiah almost screamed as the front door was pulled open. I lightly laughed as he threw himself at her.

"Hi Zay" she gave him a light squeeze.

"Where's papi?"

"He's in the living room" he nodded, pulled himself from my mom and headed into the living room. "Hi, my Sweeties" the girls giggled as mom pulled them both into a hug. Kobe had lowered Ella to the ground and she had happily disappeared into the house. "Go and help yourselves to some drinks, okay?" she pressed a kiss to Ayla's cheek before they disappeared into the house. "Hi Baby" mom wrapped her arms around my neck but the hug didn't last long as she pulled away with furrowed brows. "I don't want to sound rude, Baby, but have you put on weight?" I could see a twinkle in her eyes. I glanced back at Kobe who lightly chuckled as he stepped into the house.

"You trying to say I'm fat, Mom?"

"No" she glanced down, her finger pointing at my belly. "You just have a bit of a belly that's all."

"You said I didn't look pregnant in this?" I glared over at Kobe who shook his head and lightly laughed.

"You don't, Babe" I rolled my eyes and glanced back to my mom who had her hand covering her mouth. Even behind her hand, you could see that she was smiling because of the wrinkles around her eyes.

"Are you really pregnant?" I laughed as she tried to whisper.

"Yes, I wanted to surprise you all with it today."

"I won't say anything, I promise" she removed her hand from her mouth. "Baby, I'm so happy for you" she locked her arms around my neck and gave me a squeeze. "I'm so happy for you both" she pulled away and turned to Kobe. "Congratulations" I lightly laughed, my eyes burning with tears due to the tears that had welled up in my mom's eyes. "Oh my" Kobe and I lightly laughed as she began to fan herself, quickly wiping her cheeks. "Do the kids know?"

"Yeah. They're all excited" I couldn't stop myself from caressing my bump.

"So am I."

"Is anyone else here yet?"

"No, you're the first to get here" I nodded, following behind mom and into the living room. I leant over to give my dad a hug, thankful that he didn't feel the extra weight I had gained. I want to at least surprise everyone else in the family.

-

I dropped back against the seat and ran my hand along my belly.

"Mom, that was amazing" everyone laughed as I moaned my satisfaction. I rolled my eyes and then met Maddie's eyes, her eyebrows were slightly raised and I removed my hand from my belly as her eyes danced down to it. Her lips twitched at the corners and I shook my head at her. She glanced back down at her plate to try and hide her obvious happiness.

"So, does anyone have any news they would like to share?" mom leant forward on the table, her chin resting on her hand as her eyes locked with mine. I sighed and glanced to Kobe who chuckled as he lifted up his drink to take a sip. Mom was obviously expecting me to speak first but she was surprised when Maddie did.

"Actually, we have some" everyone's attention fell on Maddie as she glanced to Jayden who was sat in the chair beside hers. Maddie and Jayden have been dating now for 3 years, and they've been engaged for just over one. "We've set a date for the wedding" Jayden smiled down at her and he leant to press a kiss to her smile. I'm so happy for my little sister. Jayden treats her like a queen which is everything that she deserves.

"Oh, this is exciting. When is it?"

"March 3rd. I know that we've left the announcement a little late but it's still like 6 months away. We've done most of the planning though and we have the location all booked."

"March, for real?"

"Yeah, why?" I sighed and glanced to Kobe who ran his hand along my thigh. I glanced back to Maddie with a light laugh.

"You aren't expecting me to be a bridesmaid, are you? Because I'm going to look like a house at that point, actually it'll be more like a castle" confusion just spread across my families faces. My mom, who even knew about the baby seemed a little confused and I think it's because she thinks I'm further along than I am, she's about to know the reason why soon.

"And why are you going to look like a castle, Dem?" I rolled my eyes at Maddie's smirk.

"Because I'll be 9 months pregnant at that point" a squeal came from Dallas and her hand flew up to cover her mouth.

"Only 9 months? How many weeks are you?" mom's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Do you mind grabbing the ultrasound from my purse?" Kobe leant to press a kiss to my cheek before he pushed himself away from the table. "So, do you want me to be your bridesmaid?"

"I was kind of hoping that you would be because you are my big sister."

"Who else?"

"Well, I was hoping Dallas would be?"

"Yes" we all laughed at her enthusiasm.

"I'm also asking Logan, a couple of my other friends, and I wanted Ayla, Kyra and Savannah to be like my young bridesmaids too" Ayla, Kyra, Savannah, Isaiah and Dallas' 3 year old son, Hudson, had already eaten and where all scattered around the house.

"Oh my gosh, they would love that" Dallas nodded along with me. Kobe stepped back into the dining room a moment later and took his seat back beside me. He handed me the ultrasounds and I smiled as he leant in to peck my lips.

"So, I'm 12 weeks pregnant and this is why I'm showing quite a bit" there were 3 ultrasounds so I handed one to Dallas, one to Maddie and the last one to my mom.

"Th-There's two? It-It's twins?" a wide smile spread across my face as I nodded. Everyone instantly surrounded us, expressing their well wishes and congratulations. Even though what happened with Thea will always be on the back of my mind, I'm trying to remain positive about this pregnancy. Everything is going to be fine. I hope.

——