Twelve

Demi

Liked by matthew_scott_montgomery, diannadelagarza and 7,416,763 othersddlovato Ayla Mackenzie, how did you used to be this tiny?! You were such a sassy little cutie and today you are TEN!! I can't believe I've been a mommy for 10 years 😩🥺 I lov...

ddlovato Ayla Mackenzie, how did you used to be this tiny?! You were such a sassy little cutie and today you are TEN!! I can't believe I've been a mommy for 10 years 😩🥺 I love you to the moon and back a thousand times my peanut ✨ I hope you have the most amazing birthday, you incredible young lady 💗💗💗
View all 312,827 comments
maddelagarza Oh my god the outfit 😂😂😂
rhondaehrich Happy birthday beautiful!! I can't believe you're 10!! We miss you ❤️

"Happy birthday, my Sweet Girl" Ayla smiled as she leant into my side, her arms loosely wrapping around me.

"Thanks Mom, and thank you for my party."

"You're so welcome, Peanut" I pressed a kiss to the top of her head before she pulled away from me. "You having fun then?"

"Yeah. I love you."

"I love you too, Ayla" she giggled as I cupped her face in my hands and leant to peck her cheek. Her friends called her over a moment later and I smiled as she ran off to them. Ayla wanted a slumber party for her birthday so she spent her birthday at school, had a slumber party over night as her birthday this year was on a Friday, and then we've had a party and family get together today, on the Saturday. I jumped slightly as arms wrapped around me and hands settled on my belly. The smile on my face widened as Kobe pressed a kiss to my temple. "I can't believe she's 10" a lump suddenly formed in my throat as tears burnt the backs of my eyes.

"You aren't going to start crying again, are you?" I rolled my eyes and turned to face Kobe who lightly laughed.

"I'm hormonal and pregnant, give me a break" he chuckled as I nudged him lightly on the chest. He leant to press a kiss to my pout. The sound of the doorbell caused me to pull away from him with furrowed brows. "I wonder who that is" I caressed my belly as I headed for the front door. I lightly smiled at Rhonda and Bruce who stood on the porch. "Hi."

"Hey Sweetheart. We-We hope it's okay that we're here" I remained quiet as I nodded. Ayla and Kyra haven't seen their grandparents in over a year. They used to come over quite regularly to see them but then they moved back to New Jersey.

"Of course."

"We just wanted to see Ayla on her birthday" I signalled for them to step into the house, smiling as Rhonda wrapped me in a hug. "You're glowing, Honey, and can I just say congratulations" the smile on my face widened as I glanced down at my belly. "How many weeks are you?"

"I'm 18" I lightly laughed as her eyes widened. "It's twins."

"That makes sense then" I nodded, biting my lip as I glanced back down at my bump. Kobe hasn't yet felt the babies move but they're constantly fluttering away inside me.

"You-You can come through" I led them through the house and towards where everyone was. "Ayla?" she turned to me, the smile on her face widening at her grandparents. She skipped towards us and instantly wrapped her arms around Rhonda.

"Grandma" I turned as a hand ran along my lower back and I smiled up at Kobe. I ran my hand along his cheek and leant up on my tiptoes to gently peck his lips. The smile on his face widened as I pulled away. He ran his hand along my bump and I leant into him as I turned to Ayla and her grandparents.

"I can't believe how beautiful you are" Ayla smiled as Rhonda lightly cupped her cheeks in her hands.

"Are you back in California now?"

"No, Honey, we've just come back to see Max" Rhonda and Bruce understand why Ayla and Kyra don't think of Max as their dad. I'm glad they're supportive of my relationship with Kobe, even though it wouldn't make much of a difference if they didn't. "We got you a present" I glanced back up at Kobe.

"Where's Kyra?"

"I think she may be in the theatre."

"You mind going to get her, I'm sure she'll want to see her grandparents" Kobe nodded and then leant to peck my lips. I watched as he walked from the room and then I turned back to Ayla who was beaming at the little charm bracelet in the box that she had in her hand. "Peanut, that's beautiful" I ran my fingers through Ayla's hair as I glanced down at the bracelet.

"Thank you" she pulled Rhonda into a bone crushing hug.

"You're welcome, Honey" she pulled from Rhonda and then turned to hug Bruce. Her friends surrounded her a moment later and I smiled as she showed off her new bracelet.

"Grandma" Kyra ran past a moment later and crashed into Rhonda who locked her up in a tight hug.

"Hi, Sweetie" I glanced around and caught my mom's gaze. I flashed her a smile, her eyes moving briefly to Rhonda. I sighed, caressing my bump as I headed towards her.

"You okay?"

"What are they doing here?" I lowered myself down into the chair beside her, continuing to caress my belly.

"They wanted to see Ayla. The girls have a good relationship with their grandparents and I'm not going to stop that because of Max" I was sure to keep my voice low so that they wouldn't hear me. The room was quite loud anyway so I doubt they would but I'm not willing to take that chance. "They had nothing to do with what Max did to me, Mom. They're just as pissed with him as I am" my mom sighed, grabbing her glass of water to take a sip. I kept my eyes on her as she drank, her eyes on the girls and their grandparents. She removed the glass from her lips and turned to meet my gaze with a sigh.

"Don't ever expect me to forget what he did to you."

"I won't, Mom."

——