Twenty Five

Demi

Kobe was pissed when I told him what Tilly had said to Kyra and I can't say I'm all that surprised. He is so protective over his babies. It actually warms my heart because Ayla and Kyra aren't biologically his, but he treats them like they are. It reminds me of the relationship I have with Eddie. I'm so glad my babies have that because it's untouchable. Kobe wanted to talk to the school, and I don't blame him because I do too, but Kyra doesn't want us too. If anything like this happens again though, I will be going into the school. I don't want any of my children being bullied and especially not because they enjoy a certain activity. Kyra started to talk a lot more about Phoebe over the coming weeks and seemed happy with her new friend that she had made. They had something in common so seemed to get on well. It eased our minds a little as she seemed a lot happier but we were sure to keep an extra eye on her. I don't want my little girl upset.

Kyra's 9th birthday arrived and even with everything that's happened over the last few weeks, Kobe had still managed to organise a party for her. It wasn't anything huge but it was what my little girl wanted and it made her happy.

ddlovato Instastory

Kobe didn't want to do anything for his 41st birthday but we did go out for a meal as a family

Kobe didn't want to do anything for his 41st birthday but we did go out for a meal as a family. I'd been home from the hospital for nearly 7 weeks and had been cleared by my doctor to continue all normal activities as long as I felt okay to, so Kobe got his birthday sex. I still ache at times and he didn't want me overdoing it so he lavished my body in kisses and did all the hard work, but it felt good to be intimate again.

The twins continued to grow stronger with everyday and it was two months after their birth that they were discharged. They are still so tiny though and I'm terrified of hurting them.

"Oh, Baby Girl. Momma's so sorry" I cooed as I gently changed Indi into her sleeper that had 'littlest sister' written across it. "You're going home, Baby. You finally get to meet your big brother and sister" Ayla is the only one who's seen the babies and that's because she's 10 and allowed in the NICU. Kobe and I have FaceTimed Kyra and Isaiah when we've visited the babies but they haven't got to meet them yet. "You're so beautiful, Baby Girl" even though the twins are two months old, they look smaller than most newborn babies.

"You really couldn't have waited until we got home, Eli" I glanced up at Kobe who was wiping Elijah's mouth with a cloth. "That's all over your new outfit, Bud."

"There's a spare in the bag. I came prepared" I commented with a smirk as I settled Indi in her car seat.

"You got a good momma, Buddy" I rolled my eyes but my lips twitched into a smile as I kept my eyes on Indi.

Liked matthew_scott_montgomery, diannadelagarza and 9,163,072 othersddlovato I just want to thank y'all for the support over the last 2 months, it means the world

ddlovato I just want to thank y'all for the support over the last 2 months, it means the world. These two babies that have been introduced into my little family have completed it ❤️ I am so over the moon happy with my life right now. I couldn't be more grateful 🥹 and just a little note for @kobejohn, you are my rock and I love you infinitely. Thank you for taking care of our family whilst I recovered. You're all my world 🌍
View all 3,186,927 comments
kobejohn You and our babies are everything to me 🥹❤️
ddlovato WE LOVE YOU!!!
sirahsays The CUTEST family 😍

Isaiah sat beside me as I unclipped Indi from her car seat. Eli was still fast asleep and the girls were cooing over him.

"You wanna hold her, Handsome?" his eyes met mine as he nodded. I softly laughed as he held his arms out. I adjusted Indi against my chest and then placed a pillow under Isaiah's arm so that it would support Indi's head. My heart melted as I lowered my youngest daughter into her brothers awaiting arms. Isaiah smiled down at her. "What do you think, Baby?"

"She's small" I pressed a soft kiss to the top of his head. "Is Eli small too?" I nodded as I combed my fingers gently through Isaiah's curls as he kept his eyes on Indi.

"He's a little bigger than Indi, but he's only little too."

"She's cute" I couldn't have been more in love. Elijah woke not long later and he got to have cuddles with his sisters. I can already see that they're going to be such amazing helpers.

Now that the babies are home, I started to discuss releasing my book with Scooter. We made a plan to release it around Mother's Day. The kids will finish school around that time too so they'll be able to travel with me for the book tour once all the details have been finalised.

I'd started to teach Ayla how to play the guitar and we spent a few hours a week in the home studio. She absolutely loves it and already is so talented. She does voice lessons also and I tear up every time I hear her sing. She has an amazing voice.

"Mom, could I be a singer like you when I get older?"

"Of course you can, Peanut, but not until you're 18."

"But you were younger when you started" I leant to softly kiss her forehead as I played with the ends of her hair.

"I know, Baby, but it was a lot of pressure and I struggled a lot. I don't want that for you" her eyes burnt into mine as I softly caressed her cheek. "I want you to be happy, Ayla. I don't want you to ever feel the things that I did."

"The older kids at school say stuff about you."

"What sort of things do they say?"

"That you overdosed" my little girl looks so confused. "I don't know what that means though" I played with her soft curls.

"I didn't want to tell you any of this so soon but I think we should have a chat. I don't want you to hear it all from kids at school" Ayla glanced down at her hands. "Come on, we'll go and sit down" I slid my hand along Ayla's back as I walked behind her and to the couch. This wasn't a conversation I expected to have so soon but I'd prefer her to hear it all from me rather than from the kids at school. It's important she knows the truth and not the lies I'm sure are still going around about me, even after all this time.

——