Twenty Four

Demi

The next week was a busy one for sure.

Madison's wedding was on March 3rd, just 2 days after I was discharged from the hospital. I was a bridesmaid but there was no way I could stand for longer than a few minutes without aching so I spent a majority of the day sat down. My babies looked so beautiful and they were all so well behaved. I cried as I watched Madison and Jayden exchange vows. I'm so happy for her, it's everything she deserves.

The entire day had worn me out so I spent a majority of the next day asleep in bed. I wanted to see my babies so I managed to force myself out of bed long enough to take a quick trip to the hospital. Kobe had cuddles with Indi whilst I held my mini double. I get choked up every time I hold them, for many reasons. One of the reasons is because these two are my last babies and another reason is because of hormones.

"I can't believe they're nearly a month old. I should still be pregnant with them" Kobe glanced up from Indi who was fast asleep against his chest with her hand gripping his finger. Indi is still connected to oxygen through little tubes going into her nose as her lungs are a little less developed than Eli's.

"It's crazy how fast time has gone" I nodded, smiling down at Eli who released a gentle coo. His nose scrunched up as I caressed his cheek with the back of my finger. "You're so handsome. Just like your daddy" I pressed a soft kiss to his forehead. "I love you so much" in that moment, Indi released a cry. I softly laughed as I glanced over to her. "I love you too, Baby Girl" Kobe laughed as he adjusted her in his arms. She looks so tiny in her daddy's arms.

We spent another hour with the twins until we headed back home. Every time I leave, it's like a little piece of my heart is left behind with them. I can't wait to have them home.

"Hi Babies, how was school?" I slid my fingers through Isaiah's curls as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I glanced to Ayla and Kyra who were sat on the couch.

"We played outside and did loads of puzzles and I can write my own name" my eyes pricked with tears as a smile instantly began to spread across my face.

"You can write your own name?" he glanced up at me with a wide smile on his face and nodded. "Oh Baby, I'm so proud. I'm sure if you ask daddy he'll get you a snack."

"Daddy" I laughed as he ran off to find Kobe.

"What about you two?" I questioned as I walked towards Ayla and Kyra. I pressed my hand against my stomach as I slowly lowered myself down onto the couch beside them.

"It was okay, I guess" Ayla commented as she kept her eyes on the TV. "Can you teach me to play guitar?"

"Of course I can, Peanut. You know I have plenty in the studio" she flashed me a wide smile as I combed a strand of hair behind her ear. "Let me know when you wanna learn."

"Okay, I'm gonna grab a snack" she pushed herself up from the couch and then headed into the kitchen. I turned my attention to Kyra who was staring down at her hands.

"Hey Baby Girl. What's up?"

"Tilly doesn't wanna be friends anymore" my heart broke as Kyra glanced up to meet my gaze. "She says it's because I'm not interested in what she is and we like different things. She likes barbie and princesses and I don't, but we were friends last year and we liked different things. I don't want to play barbies" her little eyes were swimming with confusion.

"You don't have to play barbies, Baby."

"Does it mean I'm a boy if I don't want to play barbies?" I shook my head as I played with a strand of Kyra's hair.

"Did Tilly say that?"

"Yeah, because I play soccer with the boys. Phoebe plays soccer too and she says the same things about her" I could feel my anger beginning to bubble away inside me.

"Just because you like soccer, it doesn't mean your a boy, Baby. You can still be a girl and like those things, trust me. I have a lot more life experience than Tilly. I know more" her lips twitched ever so slightly at the corners as I tapped her nose. "Do you want me to have a word with your teacher?" she shook her head in reply. "Okay, if it gets worse, please tell me. You know you can talk to me about anything. Tilly's a little witch and one day she'll realise her mistake. You keep doing what makes you happy. I love you" I wrapped my arm around her as she leant slightly into me.

"I love you too" I pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

"Go and get yourself a snack" she pushed herself up from the couch and walked around it as Kobe appeared from the kitchen. Kyra squealed as he gently ruffled her hair. My lips twitched into a smile as she tried to smooth it down.

"So, why's Tilly a little witch?" I rolled my eyes at the look he was giving me, almost like he was scolding me.

"What? I could have easily said bitch" he released a breath, shook his head and then turned to me with a smirk. "You'll think the same when I tell you" his eyebrows raised. "I'll tell you later. I don't wanna say it with the kids in earshot" I glanced back over my shoulder at my babies that were in the kitchen eating their after school snacks.

"Am I gonna end up hating this Tilly?"

"Yes" he released a breath as I leant to kiss him. I then pushed myself up from the couch to join my babies in the kitchen.

——