Chapter 17

Lately in Gusu Lan clan everyone had been recieving surprises. Especially when it comes to the second young master of the sect. Lan Wangji was mostly seen with the Yunmeng Jiang disciple, a beautiful lady and six handsome boys. There was no doubt that the boys were good looking. Not only looks they were also strong at cultivation.
  Today was the meeting. The Sect Leader Lan Xichen was waiting with Sect Leader Jiang Fengmian and Sect Leader Nie Mingjue along with Lan Qiren for the Sect Leader Jin. But instead of  Jin Guanshan, the one to come was the second young master Jin Zixun.  The arrogant young master was sitting along with the sect leader with an annoyed look. The young heirs of the sects along with Jiang Yanli arrived soon after that. Jiang Cheng, Nie Huisang and Jin Zixuan stayed together from past few days even though the heirs of Jin and Jiang argued constantly. But after seeing Jin Zixun they all wanted to punch that stupid face of his. The next to arrive was the six young masters. They had earlier introduced there courtesy names but no surnames. They were elegant. There every movement was perfect and acurate. The boys together saluted everyone in unison. They smiled at the boys with nods. They sat behind three seats. The leaders looked at them but the boys just gave them small yet peaceful, calm and reassuring smile.
And finally Lan Wangji arrived clad in his white Gusu lan uniform. Even though he was of the same age as other heirs he had a different dominating aura, on his right was Xiao Jiayi looking beautiful as ever in light violet robes while on his left was Wei Wuxian in dark blue robes with cloud pattern looking heavenly. All in all the three looked ethereal. Especially the two men. The three bowed together. Lan Wangji with his usual cold face while Jiayi and Wuxian smiling widely. If someone looked careful Wei Wuxian and Xiao Jiayi had many similar habits.
"Apologise for late" Wangji said bowing.
"It's alright Wangji but lady Xiao was waiting for you both" Fengmian said.
Wangji nodded.
"Who are you lady??" Jin Zixun asked his eyes roaming on Jiayi.
Wangji clutched his sword tightly as he saw the man checking out his sister. He wanted to grab his throat and throw him out. But the two with him paid no attention.
Jiayi bowed to everyone and introduced herself,
"The name goes with Xiao Yi courtesy Xiao Jiayi. Disciple of Baoshen Sanren"
Many gasped as they heard the name of Baoshen Sanren. The wildly know cultivator and Wei Wuxians grand mother. After introduction they went towards the seat but before they sit, the six boys stood up and with a charming smile the greeted the three. After that the all sat with Wangji in front, Jiayi and Wuxian on both sides and juniors behind him. Now they understood for whom the seats were. The meeting started. Zixun didn't pay any attention to what they were saying. All the while he did was gawking on Jiayi who didn't bait him an eye.

"So now I think you should clear about the things you said Wangji." Xichen said calmly. Lan Wangji nodded,
"The fight is against Wen Rouhan who has the yin metal shrad. Wen Ruohan used this against the sects so that none of the sects would be more powerful than them. He made an army of fierce corpse to destroy the sects." He said.
"And about that class in Qishen??" Nie Mingjue spoke.
"It was held after the class in gusu was over. Wen Ruohan made in compulsory for all the sects to send there head disciples and sect heirs for this. It was conducted by his son Wen Chao and his bitch. During the said classes our swords were confiscated and we were taken to night hunts without our spiritual swords."
"How did we got out??" Zixuan asked.
"That's my favourite part." Jingyi chirped. But was soon shut up with his father's glare. Sizhui patted his shoulder as he pouted at his father. The elders smiled amused.
"We were stuck in a cave but later we all worked together and got out." Wuxian said. Zichen wanted to protest but was glared shut by Wangji again. They weren't here to say stories of there bravery.
"Why did they attack the sects?" Xichen asked.
"They attacked cloud recesses for the piece of yin iron but the piece was already with Lan Zhan. They forced the disciples to burn the library and injured Qingheng jun and old- I mean grandmaster lan heavily. They also broke Hanguang jun's leg when he tried to fight against them ." Wuxian answered his anger was evident in his voice. Lan Wangji looked him.
'Calm down, my love' he mind linked.
Wuxian smiled. It was the first time they used the link after coming out of the cave. He nodded. Others were surprised to see his sudden change of mode.
"What about Lotus Pier?" Fengmian.
"They attacked it as they saw potential in the heir and head disciple of the sect that is Jiang Wanyin and Wei Ying." Wangji said calmly. Jiang Cheng looked at the jade. He was the first person to address him with his courtesy name. But what no one missed was the use of birth names among Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji. It was something new.
"They came in the name of punishing Wei Ying. It was  Wang jingliao who came to conduct the punishment. She said if not done it will be concluded that Jiang sect fought against Wen Sect." Wangji said calmly.
"And my lady fell for it." Fengmian said remorsefully.
Wangji nodded while Wei Ying clutched his robes slightly under the table. Seeing that Wangji quickly caught his hand under the table and started drawing calming circles on it with his finger. The juniors saw that and smiled.
"Wanyin said that Madam yu was waiting for a chance. But when she was asked to cut Wei Yings right hand she striked the lady instead of Wei Ying." Wangji added. Immediately the situation calmed as the Jiangs felt there mother wasn't that cruel. Wei Ying smiled.
"What about my Sect??" Nie Mingjue asked this time
"Aren't you a threat yourself Sect Leader Nie?" Wei Wuxian said enthusiastically at which everyone had a small laugh.
"So what happened after that?" Qiren spoke.
"After that we all came together and formed sunshot campaign against Wen sect." Wangji said.
"Was my sect there?" Fengmian asked as he remembered about the mascare
"After the incident the wens didn't thought that Jiang Cheng would build the sect secretly. He build it all over again with the help of Sect Leader Lan and Lan Zhan. And he lead the Jiang sect during the war." Wuxian said with a sense of pride in his voice.
"Where were you then?" Zixun scoffed.
"I...I..." Wei Wuxian trailed off. The kids furrowed there brows. Jiayi almost drew her whip. But Wangji shook his head.
"After burning Lotus Pier the wens were behind Jiang Wanyin and Wei Wuxian. During the chase at first to protect lady Jiang and Wei Ying Wanyin managed to distract the soldiers but was captivated. Wei Ying with the help of Wen Ning saved him. But his " he felt a squeeze on his hand.
'Lan Zhan please don't I am not ready.' Wei Ying pleaded through mind link.
Lan Wangji took a deep breath and continued,
"I meet lady Jiang at lanling Jin sect along with Song Lan a rogue cultivator. Then I started searching for both of them but only found Jiang Wanyin. Later we came to know that Wei Ying was captured by wen disciples. I hope this answers your curiosity Young master Jin. And yes Wei Ying joined the war later and played the major role in it." He concluded looking straight at the Jin disciple who openly shuddered. The juniors and Jiayi smirked while Wei Ying smiled shyly. Others looked at Wangji with wide eyes. The man was always less with words but today... Unknown to everyone Lan Xichen and Jiang Fengmian were observing the time travellers and didn't miss the change in there expression. They both looked at each other when they saw the tint of pink on Wuxians cheek. Jin Zixun gritted his teeth when he saw Jiayi trying to control her laughter.
  The meeting went on for a while more. They discussed the tactics to strengthen each sect without Wen sects knowledge. After the meeting Jiayi and Wuxian were the first to get up but quickly sat down due to certain someone's glare while others chuckled at there childish behaviour. Jiayi started tugging his sleeves while whining. He was having a bad feeling due to earlier. But finally nodded in defeat. He asked her to take someone with her but she was reluctant since she saw the herbs in the back forest. After she left the meeting continued. Wangji was busy answering the questions along with Wuxian while the juniors also made themselves busy with the heirs talking about fighting methods and other techniques.