Chapter 6

Letters???
"Wei gonzi the lantern festival will be starting soon. Clan leader had ask me to remember you " a disciple informed.
Mixuan got off his bed and walked towards the back hills.

When he reached at the back hills he saw a familiar scene. All the disciples were decorating there lantern while his young self was drawing a rabbit on his lantern for Lan Zhan. And there cold and stoic lan-er-gonzi smiling after watching a rabbit pic.' Lan Zhan really likes rabbits ,just don't admit.
" Wei gonzi you are here" Xichen called. Mixuan saluted him and Lan Qiren. He knew Lan Qiren never liked him and would most probably ignore.
But being Wei Wuxian he is he asked him." How's Wei Ying?" He thought old Lan would most probably say he is naughty, unteachable, ridiculous etc, but to his surprise what Lan Qiren was complete opposite. Just four words.
"Just like his mother" he said and they all looked at young Wei Wuxian.
Mixuan had never thought Lan Qiren would say something good about him it was the first time he was happy after coming here. Soon the lanterns were released in the sky. Zewu jun and Lan Qiren left, Mixuan was alone standing there. He knew what was coming next so he stood at the place where Wei Ying and Jin Zixuan would fight. And as he guessed the fight started. Wei Ying punched Zixuans face. Mixuan knowing what would happen next released four ghosts l, two on each. The disciples were horrified. Some started screaming. Lan Zhan unsheathed his sword as if ready to kill ghosts holding Wei Ying. Mixuan saw that Lan er gonzi had not even glanced at the other two ghosts. He was just staring at the ghosts holding Wei Ying as if he would kill them using his stares. Before the situation would worsen Mixuan stood between them. He removed the ghosts from Wei Ying and turned to Zixuan and said," Jin gonzi if you aren't interested in the betrothal you should have cancelled it long ago rather than embarrassing yourself along with Yanli in front of others." Zixuan had already feared this brother of Wei Wuxian the other day when he saw those eyes and now two ghost holding he was afraid like hell. He couldn't even utter a single word.
" Xuan ge release them and let's go from here." Yanli said. She was hurt. It was clearly seen in her eyes. Mixuan not wanting to create another scene just nod his head, releasing the ghosts he left from there.
Yanli turned to her brother," a-xian let's go home.hmm." she said and left.
Mixuan was angered and wanted to kill that peacock than and there. But he knew that in future this same person had once loved his shijie. And during that time he was the reason for ruining her happiness. He didn't want the history to repeat itself. He sat under a tree and decided to take a short nap.
Original timeline.
"Clan leader.. clan leader" a disciple came running towards them.
" What's the matter? Why are you panicked?" Xichen asked. He had just returned from another siege.
" Clan leader miss Lan and wen gonzi are missing."he informed.
" What do you mean by missing? I just saw them in the morning." Jiang Cheng asked.
" Sect leader jiang, Zewu jun as you had ordered we followed them the whole day. They both entered jinshi and then went missing. We found these near Hanguang jun's study table."he said handing over three letters.
First letter
Dear uncles,
I know what I am going do is unforgivable but I have no other options. I know what is most near to mother which will help him regain his memories. I also know that I am going to die soon. I don't want to be a burden during my last days. Chenshushu I know I broke my promise but I know you will understand me. Chengjiujiu this brat of yours is leaving you all now but I want to tell you that I had always loved your scoldings and will surely miss them. Sangshushu thankyou for all your gifts and bringing my mother back to life. Ningjiujiu I am sorry because of me Jian gege is also poisoned. He is fulfilling his promise. Really he is following me and I am sure he will protect me just like you all did. Grandpa I am sorry I couldn't be the best disciple you wanted me to be but I promise in my next life with you all I will fulfill all the promises. Chenshushu you will always be my best teacher other than a-die and a-niang. Please tell all my geges that I love them all. I am proud to be the luckiest sister in the world. And give my regards to ruo jiejie and xiao ayi.
I love you all and I know I am blessed with the best family in the world. Please don't miss me. Tell all my brother that A-li loves them and will miss them.
Jiujiu the second letter is for a-die, please give it to him for me.
Love you all.
Yours lovingly,
A-li,
Lan Xian, courtesy Lan Yanli.