Chapter 12

Time travel??

(I love Lan Wangji)- thoughts
"Lan Zhan"- conversation

"What happened now?" Lan Wangji asked as he sat infront of guqin after one look at Wuxian. He was met with silence. No one replied. More like no one dared to repeat what Wei Wuxian spoke while he was unconscious. Silence continued. He looked at his brother who was staring back at him. Mind filled with lots of questions."Xiong zhang?"he called out looking for a reply.
.
.
"Well Wei gonzi said some shocking stories" Xichen replied obviously not wanting to repeat.
"A-xian said something like my lady and my death. My kids safety. Some a-yuan and rest you heard" Fengmian informed.
Lan Wangji just nodded in reply and looked at sleeping Wei Wuxian.
"Lan-er-gonzi? Are you aware of what happen to a-xian? Why is he like this?"she asked almost like a plead.
"He changed a month ago?" He replied more like questioned.
"What are you saying Lan Wangji? You meet him just a while ago, he had been living with us for years. If not me my sister would definitely see changes in him." Jiang Cheng snarled annoyed.
While the man just looked from lady Jiang who was thinking hard to nie Huisang who was hiding behind fan.
"He didn't change Hanguang jun" Fengmian replied .
"He did" to surprise it was Huisang who replied. The boy hiding his face behind spoke again.
"He behaved bit different, less mischievous, more mature, always sketches, haa.... interested in hairpins and...and I don't know..I really don't know ."
At this Yanli snaps out indeed this were changes. She too remembered Wuxian checking out hairpins. The boy never cared for such things but now.. And from past month he do sketch a lot.
She looked at the younger jade helplessly.
"He had gone through hyperventilation three days before reaching cloud recesses." Wangji states.
"Three days ago"Yanli repeats remembering something.
"What is it a-li?" Fengmian asked his troubled daughter.
"He was in his room whole day

sleeping like a lazy." Jiang Cheng replies his father.
Lan Wangji looked at Yanli.
"N..no he he was sad" she said feeling bad for not noticing these changes.
"Sad?", Fengmian lifting his eyebrows
She nods," I thought it was because of mothers punishment."
"Punishment?"Xichen questions after a long time.
"He did something that made mother angry so she burnt his sketches. He glared at mother which made her more angry so she whipped him and asked him kneel down." Jiang Cheng answered. Everyone felt bad for Wei Wuxian. It truly showed that he was punished mostly without appropriate reasons. Xichen looked at his brother waiting to see anger in those orbs but the younger just closed his eyes. And lan Wangji he knew what had happened that day from suibian. The sword spirit had informed earlier. The sketches that madam yu burnt were his sketches. There previous life memories. His sketches. And burning his sketches he knew how his wife's reacted and about punishing he had seen the worse and he would protect his love this time.
"A month ago"Xichen mutters.
"What is it Zewu jun"Fengmian.
Xichen looks at his brother trying to understand the situation.
"Wangji"he whispers
All the heads are snapped towards the younger jade.
"Wasn't it a month ago you fainted?"
He enquiries at which the younger just nods.
"Who are you?"Xichen stood up almost unsheathing Shoyue.
Shock was evident on everyones face.
"Lan Zhan, courtesy Lan Wangji" he replied coldly.
"No..you are"Xichen is still confused. He knows his baby brother the best and the young man in front of him, he don't know him. He is different. For him there's big difference but others can't see on Wangji's poker face. Xichen once again looks at the younger in his eyes, there he got a message 'Calm down xiong zhang, I will explain it to you later. Please'. And it assured him it was his brother, his baby brother.
"Hanguang jun what about the things a-xian said?"Fengmian quickly changes the topic after pulling his fellow sect leader to seat.
"Lan Wangji you clearly know more than you show. You barely show any surprise." Jin Zixuan speaks up after seeing Yanli's sad face.
"I would prefer to confirm it before saying anything."
"Lan-er-gonzi " Fengmian calls out. He needs to know if it's related to his family and sect.
"Are you ready for all the outcomes". He asks. He needs to ensure the safety of his soulmate but he has a weakness he is bad at words.
"Yes, it's our-" lan Wangji cuts him. First time in his life he did it. He really don't want to listen to the sects motto now not in this situation. During there time major problem between Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng were due to this motto which acted as a double edged sword. Xichen looks at his brother with wide eyes.
"Hm"
After the silence he adds" Whatever you listen here you can't say it outside. Do you consent"he asks looking at each and every person present there.
"We do"Xichen says out loud for others. Wangji was able to see his brothers sad expression thinking he doubted the older. But he thinks this pain is much better than the one he had in other timeline.
"It may be Lotus Pier massacre"the says under his breath"unless we do something to prevent it"
"Wei-xiong is able to make prophecy" nie Huisang asks as others are still shocked at the younger jade's words.
Wangji just shakes his head.
"Hanguang jun did a-xian shared it with you"Yanli asks at which he just looks at her and shakes his head.
"Your Wei Wuxian didn't" he says and but my Wei Ying did he thinks and a small very very small smile appears on the cold jade face which didn't go unnoticed by others.
"Are you really sane?" Cheng barks in anger.
"A-cheng do you know what you just said"Fengmian scolds"Hanguang jun please don't mind his words."
Lan Wangji had long ago stopped paying attention to the grumpy man's words. He just runs his mouth when he is irritated.
"Hanguang jun do you know anything else?" Yanli asks with eyes soft. She was able to see the uncomfortable feeling in the younger while saying about massacre.
" I would like to meditate before answering any of your questions."he said politely before closing his eyes playing a music on guqin.
"Keep that thing away and answer my sister lan Wangji" Jiang Cheng shouted.
"Stop pretending and just answer her" Jin Zixuan added looking at worried Yanli.
Wangji opened his eyes eyes and looked at them,"It's been years since that happened, I -"he was cut down by Jiang Cheng yelling.
"I said ANSWER MY SISTER FIRST"
"You should be more patience Jiang Cheng and stop yelling at Lan zhan" a horse yet stern reprimanding voice said.
.
.
Wei Wuxian had woken up at his most favourite place- jinshi. His and his lan Zhans home. Earlier when he woke up from that nightmare and saw lan Zhan leaning on Xichen he knew he fucked up. His husband is angry. But he him self couldn't remember what had happened. Then he hear someone yelling. How dare he. He looked at his side. There he saw all the important people of his life in his past, present and future. And there sat his life trying to speak while his brother and that peacock were yelling at him. I swear if this wasn't different timeline I would have broken your bones by now.
"You should be more patience Jiang Cheng and stop yelling at Lan zhan" he said as he tried to get up. But he can't why??? It hurts, his back fucking hurts zidian. How is this possible. He looks at lan Zhan. He knew this is his Lan Zhan. The love of his life. The man was quick to be at his side. He looked into those honey brown orbs. He tried to use there soul connection to communicate. But fuck he can't. Ofcourse he can't. They had to renew there soul bond in there younger bodies. They aren't married here. Nor did Lan Wangji tie his ribbon on Wei Wuxian. He tried his best to tell his soulmate that he wasn't ready to face anyone. Not now. But he was too late. Lan Wangji helped him to get up. As soon as he touched, the younger winced in pain. He looked at Wei Ying with wide eyes and saw the latter shaking his head and looking beside him. He stopped himself and glanced behind and saw everyone looking at them with curious eyes. And like a habit he concentrated on his wife and saw the younger mouth. It hurts Lan Zhan, zidian. Wangji looks behind and glares at Fengmian. Knowing his husband too well Wuxian tugs the olders sleeve and recieves a nod. Wangji make him lay again and went towards his shelf and took out some medicine and feed him.
The interaction between the two young masters didn't went unnoticed by anyone. The Yunmeng Jiang family were shocked to see Wei Wuxian eat the medicine without any drama. They saw Wangji feed Wuxian pain relief medicines but why??? While on the other side lan sibilings were having a silent communication irritating the others.
Jiang Fengmian moved closer to Wei Wuxian as Wangji moved away," A-xian how are you?"
"Ah, uncle I..I am fine. Just tired."
"Wei Wuxian you-"
"A-cheng please not now later it's already late. Let's talk tomorrow." Wuxian said cutting Jiang Cheng.
They were all worried now and went back to their seats. Wei Yings eyes widened, he thought that they would go to there room and leave him alone with Lan Zhan but here. He looked at lan zhan pleading.
Sigh"Xiong zhang" Wangji called at which a the eyes were on him.
"It's almost seven." It was a clear sigh for the older lan to know that his brother wants everyone to get out of the room. He believed his brother most so he nodded and turned towards the rest.
"Sect Leader Jiang, young masters, lady Jiang we should leave for dinner and let Wei gonzi rest."he said much like ordered politely.
And soon the rest reluctantly agreed and left. Yanli had already noticed uncomfortable feeling on her younger brothers face so she left without any ruckus.
As soon as others left Wangji closed the door sealing it with a talisman.
"Wei Ying"
"Aiya Lan Zhan" he whined pouting at the older.
Wangji helped him sit and started removing his robes,"Aiya lan zhan aren't you being shameless"Wuxian teased receiving and glare that made him quiet. Wangji gasped as he saw all the whip marks on the youngers body. His heart shattered at the site. They weren't as many as he had. He had about some hundreds of them while only some dozens were present still zidian was different from lan sect whip. It was good that they didn't leave marks on the body. He slowly wiped the marks with warm wet cloth at which Wei Ying winced in pain clutching the sheets. Tears flowing as the lan applied medicines on them. Wangji said sweet words to distract him from the pain. He was happy and satisfied that he wasn't alone anymore. There was someone, his lan Zhan to love him, to hold his hand just like they did always. He thought melting in the olders embrace and Wangji kissed his forehead.
"We will go to cold spring later. Rest now."saying he dressed him and tucked him. He left a peck on the forehead first, then nose bridge, then both cheeks and finally those pouting red lips. He got up and left the room to bring food and medicine for Wei Wuxian.
.
.
Time passed due to lan clans curfew all the disciples were asleep. It was very early morning. Jiang Fengmian wasn't able to sleep due to his adopted son. He was walking at the pavallion when Lan Qiren saw him. He could see that his friend was worried for Wei Wuxian so they both accompanied each other for a while talking about olden times. When they saw two silhouettes.
"A-cheng"Fengmian whispered.
"It's past curfew what is he doing here", Qiren.
"Seems like following someone".
They narrowed there eyes in the direction where Jiang Cheng was going and saw white silhouettes.
"Wangji"Qiren was shocked to see his younger nephew going somewhere during midnight. So they both too followed without anyone's knowledge.
.
.
Lan Wangji had woken up before his usual timing in order to take Wei Wuxian to cold spring for meditation. The younger needed to meditate to heal his injuries. After an hour of coaxing finally Wei Wuxian had woke up. But still he insisted lan Zhan to carry him to cold spring in the name of his injuries. And Lan Zhan being Lan Zhan obviously carried him. Wei Ying had snuggled closer to his chest breathing his favourite sandalwood smell.
After reaching there Wangji placed him on a stone and started removing his own robes. He folded them neatly. All the while Wei Wuxian was continuously talking about music, demons and bunnies.
To say Lan Qiren and Jiang Fengmian was surprised would be an understatement. As they reached near cold spring they first saw a furious Jiang Cheng and Nie Huisang holding him to calm him down. They stood there watching the youngsters. Qiren wanted to go down when he saw Lan Wangji removing Wei Wuxians robes but gasped when he saw dozens of scars on the youngers back. He turned towards Fengmian who stood there wide eyed.
"Zidian...but how?"he whispered.
Jiang Cheng and Nie huisangs reaction were same. They stood there watching Wangji helping Wuxian to cold spring and later obediently following all the instructions. They saw in between Wei Wuxian dozing off recieving glares from the older boy at which he would pout or act like a child. Fengmian never in his life saw Wei Wuxian acting like this to anyone. He would never say how he feels, not even to his Shijie. But here he was literally acting like a spoiled kid. Pouting, whining, smiling, laughing. It was all genuine and bright. Lan Wangji was also different and Qiren could see it. He was responding to each and everything. He would be strict but still there were softness and shine in his eyes and the small curves on his lips. They watched them a while more, when they heard Wangji speaking.
"Wei Ying"
"Hmm? What is it lan Zhan?"
"It's near waking time. We should leave. You should rest a while more."
"Hmm, but it hurts lan zhan."he whimpered. Lan Zhan didn't reply just observed the scars.
" When do you think it will cure. I don't want to worry others."
"Soon. Today you need to answer there questions."
"Hmm. I need to sleep then. Let's go now." He said getting out of pond and dressing. He was still feeling dizzy.
"Dizzy?", Wangji.
He nodded. The older again helped him after getting dressed himself, he carried him back. Wei Ying stayed silent on the way back holding Wangji's robes he dozed of.
Fengmian and Qiren looked at him with worried gaze. Wei Wuxian is a cheerful guy and to see him unwell made everyone worry.
"Don't worry we shall talk to them today." Qiren said reassuring his friend. Soon they retired after watching Jiang Cheng and Nie Huisang leave.

 Soon they retired after watching Jiang Cheng and Nie Huisang leave