Chapter Twelve : Happy Returns of the Day

The day when we expect abundant happiness, and sheer joy. The day we expect to be different than other usual days, the day to celebrate your life - your birthday.

We all have a notion of our lives being messy and fucked up, but our birthday is the day to celebrate us, stuck in this incessant horizons of the world.
We fail, falter in every steps of life although we learn from those failures; but everyday we live ,gives us reason to live. And Life goes on...

As decided, we bunked schools and outwitted everyone to have fun or in other words - celebrate Arjun Thapar's birthday.

To begin our memorable day, we were all dressed in colourful attires, to avoid the possibility of susceptibility, bunking school e.t.c. I dressed in a pale pink maxi dress. The moment I saw Arjun in his attire, I couldn't take off my eyes from him. He was looking so handsome. He wore a navy blue long sleeve casual shirt and jeans, and the slicked hair was just adorable, a complete different look of him than usual.

I grinned and chuckled mentally, daydreaming about him. Sarah nudged me as she caught me staring him. Before let her contemplate on anything I asked my gang to get going.

"So guys, what's the plan?" I drawled, waiting for two minutes outside the cafe, uncertain of the next action.

"Food first then everything later" Divya said

"Yeah, Can't wait any longer" Ishaan snorted

We giggled at his funny-ish statement.

We entered the outdoor cafe, the cafe was packed with minimal people, good for ten people. We seated ourselves in a corner of the cafe. The crispy fritters stuffed with spices savoring the tastebuds, and the aroma of Papdi Chaat was mouth watering. After satisfying the hunger, we chatted a bit.

"No worries guys. It's on me" Arjun said, everyone gave him a disparage look.

"Not fair Arjun. I said, it was our group effort to celebrate this day. We would divide among ourselves" Aditya said inadvertently

We nodded our heads at his direction.

"Okay. The snacks are on me, the rest, you can decide" Arjun said getting up and going to the counter to pay the bill.

I was mentally humming to the song - O 'Meri Laila playing on radio, gently tapping on the table.

"Naina. Are you still upset about bunking school" Sarah asked, raising her brow

I shot an expressionless face, and then burst in giggles. "No, silly. I am an idiot. I thought that like always I would land myself in trouble, but it's worth danger to try something new, you know. You won't learn until you try it. And I am glad I joined you guys"

"And I am glad, that I have got you as my best friend. If I would marry someday, 'If'" She emphasized on If. "Which is not likely to happen in decades, you would be my bridesmaid."

I chuckled and teased her, "Definitely and don't forget to invite me in your wedding. I am dying to know the man marrying my badass best friend"

She rolled her eyes at my statement. "Yeah. I would also like to know him"

Arjun returned, and we stood up to leave.

We visited a park, a fountain stood in the middle of the park, water pouring out of it. The park was sparsely filled with people. We managed to find an empty space near a tree located in the eastside of the park.