Chapter Eighteen: Counting Stars

Play Ilahi and Sau Aasman for the mood of the chapter

I stepped out of the elevator and went to the hotel lobby, where all my friends were gathered for a meet, apparently, Aditya wanted to make an announcement before us.

I saw my friends who were happily, merrily, cheerfully smiling, talking and joking like we were in our school days and the teenager had never left you. I've never seen them so happy, it made my day. I smiled mentally, staring at them from far.

Aditya noticed me and called out my name, "Naina!"

Everyone turned their heads in my direction and gazed at me. I slowly took my steps forward and approached them.

"You are quite a dancer. How haven't you mentioned it before?" Jai posed a quizzical look on his face.

"I'm sorry, Dance is not my cup of tea. What are you guys talking about?" I furrowed my eyebrows in curiosity and obliviousness.

"This" Siya flashed her Mobile screen to me, the dance battle of Divya and me was playing on it,and was liked and viewed by many people. I returned her the phone, after I took a glance of it. It was a surprise for me as well, as when I did become so social and attention seeker.

"Winning is my character trait. I could've beat you last night, but I let you win because you need something something crazy in life..for once" Divya remarked, whether it was jealousy or concern speaking, it was hard to distinguish.

"C'mon Divya. We all know, you were always a winner, but admitting the fact that you lost, isn't a bad thing at all" Ishaan said glaring at Divya with a consolable look on his face.

Divya peered at him, and something Ishaan said changed her mind. She agreed with him and accepted that she lost for once and for all.

You would refuse to believe, but Divya and Ishaan had this fictional sire bond or something. Mostly, whenever Divya lost her mind and was about to do something dreadful, Ishaan calmed her down and she always agreed what he said.

Siya cleared her throat to ease the tensed atmosphere there, "Aditya, What did you want to tell us guys?"

"Oh yes" Adi said, seemed like everyone lost track of time, with the change of topic of conversation. "My parents will be landing here tomorrow. So we have today's time to enjoy the fullest, the things we plan but we postpone it or get delayed due to various reasons. Adventure sports, Guys" He drawled enthusiastically.
Our expressions changed with a smirk of doubt over our faces. Clearly, Sarah was clueless too, she hit Adi's arm when she heard it.

"That's awesome. But I don't think.." Jai was interrupted

"This is our reunion. We are here to enjoy and celebrate. Life isn't always about sunflowers, rainbows or unicorns. Why waste it now, when we have that kind of time." Aditya affirmed, and he was absolutely right.

"I agree with you, but if your parents don't have problem." I said

"No problem. I've asked them" Aditya said casually, without any sign of worry on his face

Sarah grunted, "Excuse me. Aditya I need to talk to you in private" She said before darting her eyes at us.

Aditya went along with her in a private space. Sarah with a disgruntled face dragged him and was yelling at him.

"I know you are lying to them. Reunion is okay, our parents provided limited budget. Who is going to tell them?"

"You will. I am sure, they will hear you and I have arranged everything already. Oh, and expenditure is from my account." Aditya patted her cheek and came to us.