Chapter Six : Up for a Game?

Black clouds came up, covering the clear sky, and thunder bolt striking and buzzing in our ears.

I was sitting under the bus stand waiting for a bus to arrive. Staying up late for school work made me miss my school bus. Luckily, that day wasn't that bad .
All washed and wet Arjun came running to the bus stand. He kept his bag and sat down,wiping his face with handkerchief.

He sighed, "Phew" and asked when he took a glance of me. "What are you doing here?"

I looked at him and said, "All those project stuffs and I gave my word to Jessica. I'll complete her work. And what about you?"

"We also had some work" He replied nonchalantly

Minutes passed, and there was no sign of any bus. I impatiently tapped my foot on the cemented cold surface and clutched my bag, infront of me. I took out a umbrella, thinking to walk to home.

"You're going?" He asked

"Yeah." I glanced at the road and looked back at him. "I guess, no bus would come."

I hung my backpack on my shoulder and was about to leave. "And how are you gonna go?"

I opened the umbrella.

He stood up, and came under my umbrella. His towering height, wasn't under the distance between umbrella and me. He touched the pole, and his fingers brushed against mine, sending electric sparks in my body.

"Want more fun?" He said suggesting some crazy idea

"Ahh,I..." Before I could speak, he put down the umbrella,

The water droplets splashed on me swiftly, "Is this the fun, you were talking about?"

"Umm-hmm" He nodded his head.

"My mom would kill me, if she sees me like this" I said sardonically

"You are scared of your parents, Aren't you?"

"Yes. I am the boring, typical prissy prude, All work and no play." I bit my inner lip

"And you want little adventure that consumes you. You want to get out of your comfort zone, Badly"

"Yeah. Totally"

"You need not worry, Your adventure awaits you" He said

"Means?"

We glared at each other

"Nothing. You should get home , you are shivering" He said breaking the eye contact

He changed the topic, and we walked towards our home.

********

I returned home all wet, I can't think of Mom's reaction to me, so I silently tiptoed to my room and gently closed the door.

"Thank God" I gasped but suddenly froze in fear as I saw my Mom sitting on the chair and reading my notes.

"Mom!" I whined. "What are you doing here?"

She scanned me head to toe, and enquired. "Why are you late and also wet?"

"I had some work with the teachers. If you don't believe me,you can call Jyoti Ma'am. Everyone has trust issues with me, Right. And secondly, I didn't know that I had umbrella. And now, can you please go out. I have to change"

She kept the notebook on the study table and went out. I closed the door as soon as she left.

*****

The next day, at early morning, I was writing date on the blackboard. I was jubilant and beaming the whole morning since I woke up, thinking about Arjun and his words.

Speak of the devil, He entered the classroom with high energy accompanied by Alia, Veer and Aditya.

I waved at him, thinking he would wave at me back. Unlucky me, he didn't even know I was present.

I rubbed off the date, and came back to my seat.

******

The Maths Class

Udit Jha, our Mathematics teacher, in his mid 40s, who was slightly overweight. He was solving some sums of Arithmetic Progression.

"The rest exercise is homework, and submit your Homework notebooks to Jai, tomorrow positively. Moving on to the next exercise" He said as he wrote some more sums on the board.

I solved some extra sums while checking the answers from the backside of NCERT book.

The boys gang stood up and said in unison, "Sir we have to go for practice"

He turned behind and said, "Which practice?"

"Music, dance and skit practice" Veer answered

"Okay. Go" Sir gave them the permission

The boys went out of the classroom in jiffy

"Do you think, they are lying?' Sarah whispered

"Maybe"

"Because some of them are part of football and basketball team, they can't take part in other activities"

We gave a thought about it and spoke to the girls in the washroom after the class got over.

"Divya, What do you think about this?" Sarah asked walking forth and back in the washroom.

"It's a prank" She said applying gloss on her lips.

"Definitely. They are fooling teachers for 2 days" Siya added as she was brushing her hair.

I stood there idle, listening to their convo.

"Okay then, Girls. Up for a Game?" Sarah asked them, sounding something risky.

Hola readers!
Excited about the game, wait till the next chapter,
Vote and comment ❤️
Toodles!