Chapter Twenty Two: Celebration for Life

It was a big day for Sarah, her wedding day. I remember, when those wedding scenes from those old movies came on television , she made a disgusted face and skipped it. She was an anti romantic in her teenage years, and I was just opposite of hers, a complete hopeless romantic. Even though I knew, romance was never meant for me, I never stopped believing that I would experience an epic love, once in my life.

What Sarah and Aditya had was beautiful, long lasting love and soon they are going to be tied in an eternal bond under the blessings of world.

I wore a fluorescent orange lehenga, with my hair tied in a side bun. After I finished my touch up and went up to Sarah's dressing room. She was sitting on the chair, facing the make up mirror, checking her phone. She  looked breath taking beautiful, the gorgeous bride.

Soon, it was time, for the bride to be welcomed at the altar. Her mother came inside and rotated the puja thali around her. You know, we Indians stick to our traditions ,no matter what.

The marriage hall was decorated celestially with lilies, pansies and roses. Sarah was walking towards the altar with us. Aditya stood up immediately, as his eyes were fixated on Sarah, completely awestruck by her. He extended his hand to her.

She took his hand and stepped on the altar. The rituals began, I've seen weddings, none of them looked real and joyous like this one, maybe because they are my friends. And finding love in this lifetime made me disappointed.

While I was watching them in awe, Arjun came from behind and stood near me.

"Beautiful, isn't it."

"It's the beauty of love. You wouldn't understand, even if you try" A little sarcasm came within me.

"Ouch" He dramatically said. "It's not like, I didn't fall in love. I am saying it from a realistic point of view."

"You know what happens after this; distance, arguments, breaks and then divorce" He said, staring at the couple doing another ritual together.

I heaved a sigh of discontentment and went to the food counter. Seeing me leaving, he followed me to the counter and I started serving myself, the special wedding buffet.

"What happened? Did I say something wrong"

I kept the plate down and looked at him wide eyed. "You think, every relationship in this world is bound to be doomed."

"Isn't it?" He cocked his eyebrow.

I shook my head, "No."

"Why do you think so, did you ever date anyone?"

I couldn't lie to him that I don't know the reality of love and relationships. "Why does it matter, you don't believe in love and I do. It's all about perception, I waited and I would wait for a thousand years, for the right person and right timing"

He gazed at me in an enchanted way. I wanted to know, what was going on in his mind.

Aditya and Sarah got married, and it was time for farewell of bride. She hugged her parents and sister, Aditya and her bent down to touch their parents feet.

My friends were with me, we were watching them from a distance. Sarah came running and threw her up arms at me and hugged me tightly. "I am married"

"Congratulations" I patted on her back, a tear slipped from my eye.

"Okay, group hug?" Aditya asked

We all grinned and put our arms around each other.

Hey guys,

Updated the chapter, do tell, did you like it