Chapter Four : Nice to Meet You

I closed the door with a thud as I stepped in my house. Shrilled voices was coming from my parent's room. I opened the door slightly and peeped in to hear their argument.

"Look at her, what has she become now. Spending time on phone 24 hours, maybe talking with her boyfriend" The contemptuous statement made it clear, they were talking about me.

"Mom" I shrugged looking at them

"Oh you came. Fine, did you tell us about your Maths marks" My mom said

"Ah..Umm. Which Maths marks are you talking about?" I acted as an oblivious.

"Jhuth to mat hi bolo.(Don't lie atleast) Siya told me everything, What you do in school and tuition" She gave me a cold stare.

"Shit! Siya ki Bacchi, pet mein kuch bhi nahi pachta (Fellow Siya, Can't digest anything in her stomach)" I mumbled in a low voice.

"Mom. I am working hard, you only see me. Everytime I do only Maths and Science. Woh mere palle nahi pad rahe to Meri Kya galti (I don't grasp the concept easily, then what's my fault)" I whined

"Shut up. You go to school and tuition to learn and understand. If you don't get marks, you'll be married off to some cheap guy" She chided.

My dad sat there blank ,reading newspaper. He wasn't interested in the argument. He kept his spectacles on the table and looked at me. "Study hard and get above 90% in boards. Below 90% there is no value of anything" He said

I gave a humorless laugh, "You know Steve Jobs, Sachin Tendulkar. There were school and college dropouts but still they have value. If something doesn't has value, then it is your primitive thought. And yes Mom, Shaadi ki baat aap mat hi karo to sahi rahega (It's better not to hear about marriage from your mouth)"

I slammed the door on their face and dashed to my room. I threw my backpack on the bed and slumped on it.

--------------------
It was another sunny, warm, bright and clear morning. The sun was blistering,

We reached school early before it started, Sarah and I stood near the railing in the corridor near our class. Our bodies leaned towards the railing. My back was facing the entrance and we were talking about movies and dramas

"Hey. Did you see To all the boys I've loved before" Sarah squealed

"No. I only saw the trailer. It is of Noah Centineo, right" I said

"Yeah. He is so cute. I am crushing on him" She said dreamily

"But you said, you don't like chick flick"

"Arre..I do like them. Hey Arjun" She waved at him.

My heart pounded against my chest faster. I held the railing tightly.
He patted my shoulder and I turned behind, my dream man was standing infront of me.

"Hello Future Wife" He said in the most romantic way, anyone can say.

I smiled, hiding my blushing cheeks.

Cut the crap Naina, sorry. It was my imagination. Ofcourse, Why would anyone say that. These things only happen in books and movies.

I was standing in the same position and looked at other students.

"Sarah, Will you show me where is the counselor room?" Arjun asked

I stood there playing with my fingers and hearing them.

Before Sarah could answer, Alia, Sarah's cousin sister interrupted.

"Sarah. I need you to come with me now" Alia was in hurry, it was pretty clear from her state.

"I...Naina can show you the office. Naina" Sarah  looked at me. "Guide him please"

"Yeah. Please go" Alia dragged Sarah with her.

****

"Okay. Let's go" I said as we walked towards the counselor room

There was a miserable silence between us, who'll initiate a conversation. I was again playing with my fingers due to nervousness.

"Hi" Thank God, he spoke.

"Hi" I gave a nervous grin and pressed my lips.

"I am Arjun, You know me. You are the only person I haven't talked to, I guess." He said

"Yeah" I nodded my head. Why would anyone talk to a dork like me.

"So, how was your previous school? I am sure you are missing your old friends and teachers"

"Yes, a lot. But I am looking forward to new beginnings, new friends" He said looking at me.
Please don't look at me Mister, you'll kill me with your killer look. My inner me told.

I shook my head to clear those thoughts.

"Here, The counselor room. You go..I am waiting outside"

He smiled at me, and pushed the door and went in.
There was a small wooden bench outside the counselor room. The counselor came early with the students. So it became easy for the students and their counseling.

I sat on the wooden bench and looked above at the notice board, where some notices and newspapers articles were pasted on it.

Veer, Jai,Anmol and Adi were passing by, giggling and chortling over some jokes.

"Hey, Naina. What are you doing here?" Jai asked, as he managed to control his laughter.

"I'm...umm.. waiting for someone" I bit my inner lip

"Oh, you really need some counseling" Veer said and burst in laughter.
The guys guffawed loudly and threw pity glances at me and went laughing.

Yes, I looked like a nerd and didn't have so called pretty features which made a girl beautiful. Atleast, I was who I am.

Hi guys, Did y'all like the chapter?

Netflix is free, 5th and 6th Dec. Go and watch MisMatched and Ludo, if you haven't ❤️

Vote and comment