Chapter Eleven: Craziness We Did

Most of the students in the Biology class were yawning and murmuring within them, no one was interested in the topic being covered. The front benchers aka toppers answered and discussed the topic enthusiastically.

I flipped the page of the lesson we were studying - 'How Do Organisms Reproduce?'. After underlining the main points or almost the whole chapter, I focused back on the teacher teaching Asexual Reproduction.

Sarah grunted because of Aditya and Arjun's continuous giggles.

"Can you guys please stop giggling?" Sarah smacked on the table and said scornfully to them.

"Why does it matter to you, Crocodile" Adi narrowed his eyebrow and smirked at her.

Sarah turned her head to him and clenched her fist, "Because you are disturbing us, Morons"

"Sarah, Calm down" I squeezed her arm.

"Okay, No need to fight. We will shut our mouths" Arjun spoke.

"What yaar Arjun! She said and you agreed. We won't shut our mouths. Bol Kya Kar legi "(Dare to shut our mouths) Aditya shrilled

"Last and second last bench, What's happening over there? Care to share with the class" The teacher reprimanded

And then happened the thing I was terrified of, I was punished for the first time in my life in school. The prissy prude getting nasty and breaking rules. Our biology teacher punished us, and four of us had to stand outside the class; but it was worth it.

"It's your fault, Monkey" Sarah said mockingly

"Same applies to you, Crocodile" Adi huffed and crossed his arms.

Sarah stuck out her tongue and showed middle finger to him in arrogance.
Aditya mirrored her antics ; me and Arjun looked at them with disbelief.

The class got over and Biology teacher walked out of the class, she gave death glares walking past us. "Go to class and concentrate in the class, next time"

I pursed my lips and nodded my head and faked a apologetic look on my face, "Sorry Ma'am."
I didn't mean what I said, don't know why.

Maybe I was enjoying with my friends, the pranks, craziness, most importantly the friendship.

During the recess, we roamed in the corridor. The sight of Arjun and Alia made me fume with jealousy, but I was helpless. You can't do anything and accept the truth, it is what you have.

I brushed off all those thoughts and plastered a smile on my face. "Sarah, I am starving. Let's grab our lunches"

"Yeah" She nodded her head.

We went back to class and sat adjacently. The aroma of chole bhature captured my senses, and I stuffed the food in my mouth in jiffy.

Veer, with a glum look on his face was talking about Alia with Ishaan. If my eyesight was correct, he was about to cry, tears were brink on his eyes. It was hard to believe that The Great Veer was crying.

I didn't intend to pry, so I moved closer to their seat to hear their discussion.

"What if she hates me, I have no idea, what and how she feels about me. " Veer said poignantly

"This is what One Sided Love looks like. Welcome to the world, Man" Ishaan clutched his knuckles and frowned

"Should I tell her, like now?" Veer asked

"You should or you would regret it later."

Apparently, Veer and I were on the same page. Holding onto our feelings for somebody.

The recess got over, and we went to the library as it was our library period.
I picked up Divergent book from fiction section. I opened it and started reading it while standing and I was so engrossed in it that I didn't see Arjun standing next to me.

"Hey" He responded

"Hi" I replied when I took a glance of him. "What happened?" I said nonchalantly

"It's my birthday tomorrow, so we are thinking of..."

"Bunking" I interjected and widened my eyes with surprise. I didn't want any more trouble welcoming us.

He nodded his head, pursing his lips.

"Oh no! Not again. You know, we did just survive a predicament and you want to do it again" I said in the lowest voice as possible.

"God! You sound like Prachi" He groaned

I squinted my eyes at his statement. "Who is she?"

"She was my sister, doesn't matter. She was just like you possessive and stubborn"

I gasped and processed what just he said, "Did you just call me Possessive and stubborn"

"Yeah, I mean no. I didn't mean that. Can we please skip to the part where we want to enjoy tomorrow's day"

"I am not. You guys can go, wherever you wanna go" I looked back at the half opened book.

The bell rang and the class got over.
My friends group circled me, seemed like they were going to kidnap me.

"Naina, Are you coming tomorrow?" Sarah raised her brow.

"Did you guys really..." I glared at their dishevelled faces. I groaned, I have a pessimistic attitude and view about a lot of things.

"Yes, and we will have a lot of fun" Divya squirmed

"Mass Bunking. Wow! You guys are really insane, and you think no one would suspect our disappearance after the recent disaster we brought ourselves into. And God knows what will happen this time" I said in one breath

"You overthink too much, Naina. We are not dumb enough to make sure everything is right. Last time, we didn't brought ourselves into a mess but someone else did. This is for once, we want to enjoy our heart out." Arjun stated

He was absolutely correct, I need to stop overthinking and enjoy for once atleast.

I chuckled, "Who all are coming?"

"Adi,me,you,Arjun,Divya,Siya,Veer,Ishaan,Jai and of course Alia" Sarah answered

Yeah, why wouldn't Alia come, she likes Arjun; and his most important day would be incomplete without the person he loves.
I managed to control my emotions and agreed to bunk again. Now I was different, everything was different. The world whom I avoided initially, is liking the same world. Being with Arjun had a profound effect on myself.

Hey guys,

Please vote and comment❤️