Chapter Twenty Four: Tis' a damn season

I walked to the airport terminal, pulling my suitcase bag with me. The wheel of the trolley bag, got stuck and jammed in the stairs.

"I can help you with that" I looked up, at the man's face. It was Arjun

"I got it" I tried to lift my bag, I groaned, as the bag was too heavy and stuffed up.

He chuckled and helped me carry my bag. "You are still mad at me"

" I thought, you wouldn't come to meet me, again." I said hopefully.

"It's impossible to not to meet you up again. I understand your situation Naina and I know you are leaving for New York, you got a job offer"

It left me startled, that was a very private thing and also life changing, I didn't even told Sarah, "How...how..did you...?"

"I saw that letter in your bag" He said

I creased my eyebrows in confusion.

"Sarah asked me to pick up some things from your room, and there I saw it. It was lying on the dressing table." He claimed honestly.

I lowered my head, I can't look at his eyes.

"You can look at me" He cupped my cheeks, tears moisted my cheeks. He wiped the tear on my left cheek with his thumb.

"The only thing I'll remember about you, will be heartbreak. We don't have enough memories" I uttered between my stifled sobs.

"But enough to remember me, all too well" He said in a light voice, he put the black tendrils covering my eyes, behind my ears.

"Whatever happens, even if you are gone. I'll always love you" He said in a hoarse voice.

"I'll always love you too" I said , tears kept flooding, stung my cheeks.

I bit my lips and held his cheeks, rising on my heels. He brought his face closer, and put his warm lips over mine. It was soft, his tongue ran over mine, savoring the taste.

My petite frame was engulfed in his embrace, I gasped and pushed him back. He pulled apart and his brown orbs were welled up.

I've seen many airport kisses, but I experienced one. It was nice, I smiled at him and hugged him before leaving.

So, ladies and gentlemen, that was my story to end with. An incomplete high school love story, he wasn't there in my life but he was in all my good memories.

The wedding, reunion, friends, highschool sweetheart; I never would've imagined anything else more, better than that. I carried lifetime of memories with me and I was grateful for all of it.

Hey guys,

So officially, Friendship comes to an end.

This is the finale chapter, it's a wrap guys.

Thank you for reading and loving it.

Signing off,

Jennyjhelu