Chapter Twenty-six

After the newly weds return back to the castle everything looked like before, maybe even normal.

Normal

That's a word kinda unknown to everyone. How can everything be normal when you know that a lighting will struck? How can you know everything will be normal when you know your time is running out and there's nothing you can do about it? Is there even something after death? Will you became a ghost? Will you be reborn? Or do you just vanish?

These were some of the questions that were going through Anna's mind during the last three months. These questions started to appear more frequently the closer she was to the birth of her son. They started as a little thought but now they were eating her from inside. She was more pale than ever before like if every living vampire on the planet started to suck every last drop of blood in her body. She knew that it was only a matter of time before it will be her time to go.

Her thinking was interupted by a knock on her bedroom door.

„Come in!“

The door opened to reveal little Jellybean.

„Oh, hi bean“ Anna smiled

„Hi, Anna“ Jellybean smiled back „Jughead send me to come for you, the doctor is here“

„Yeah, thanks bean“ she smiled and stand up. For the last few days she felt weaker than ever before, she suspected that it was her time.

After her meeting with a doctor it turned out that she was correct. Now it was up to her to decide if she wants to wait a little longer or if she wants to go through an operation to give birth. She didn't have to think long.

„I'll take the operation“

______________________________________

-Time skip because I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable-

Jughead and others were waiting behind the door Jughead was pacing around the room.

„Man are you trying to walk a hole through the carpet? Stop!“ Sweetpea yelled looking really annoyed.

„I'm sorry it's that your carpet in your castle?“

„Both of you shut the hell up!“ Toni said.

After few more minutes a nurse came through the door holding a blanket with the baby. Everyone went silent. She bowed her head before Jughead and handed him the baby.

„Thank you“ Jughead said. He then looked on his nephew „Hello buddy, I'm your uncle“ he smiled at the little boy. He looked at his features and saw Anna. Her nose, her ears, her hair. It was only a matter of time before he opens his eyes to reveal her eyes.

„Can I hold her?“ Jellybean asked. Je nodded and gave her the baby. The moment her eyes meet his face her smiled grew „He looks like her“

„He does“ Jughead said, he then decided to check on Anna. He went to the room to see her body and her slowly breathing „Hey Anna“

She smiled at him weakly „How is he?“

„Good, exac copy of you“ he smiled „What's his name?“

„Aaron“ she smiled „It means hope“

„That's beautiful“

„Please look after him while I'm gone“

„I will“ he smiled „You can rest now, he will be fine, we will be fine“

„Godbye Jughead I love you“

„I love you too“ he said trying to hide tears.

After that Anna closed her eyes never to open them again.

This was the moment that Jughead cracked, tears started to fall down. He kissed her forehead and left.

When he came to the room everyones eyes were on him. He didn't looked at them back je only replied.

„The light of the princess burned out“

Everyone were quiet until Betty spoke.

„What's his name?“

„Anna wanted to give his name a meaning so she named him Aaron as a hope because she knew that he is our hope. Hope to start again. To leave cruelty behind. To become someone knew.

He is my hope

The end

Thank you everyone who decided to read my book. Hope you have an amazing day/night. It maybe over for this story but if you liked my writing you can check out my other stories it will be appricied :-)

Lots of love

Anna