Your Will Shall Decide Your Destiny pt 2

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

Matthew, Anne, and Y/n sat in the carriage. Y/n sat in-between the two, reading her book. Or at least, trying to. Matthew rode the carriage, as Anne held her arm out, looking at the beautiful view around them.

"That cherry tree is our first friend here on the island. What did that cherry tree, all white and lacy, make you think of?" Anne asked Matthew, looking at the older man.

"Well, now, um... I don't know." Matthew answered.

"Why, a bride, of course. A bride all in white with a misty veil. We've never seen one, but I imagine what she would look like. I never expect to be a bride myself. I'm so homely. Nobody would ever want to marry me. Unless he was a foreign missionary. I suppose a foreign missionary mightn't be very particular. But I do hope someday I shall have a white dress with beautiful puff sleeves. That is my highest ideal of earthly bliss. Though, I know Y/n would make a beautiful bride. Any man would be lucky to marry her." Anne said.

Y/n looked at her sister, smiling softly at her, Anne giving a big one back. As Anne was about to speak again, she realized she could be annoying the man beside them.

"Am I talking too much?" She asked Matthew.

Before Matthew could answer, she spoke once again.

"People are always telling me that I do, and it seems to cause aggravation. Would you rather I didn't talk? If you say so, I'll stop. I can stop when I make up my mind to it, although it's difficult."

Matthew glanced at Anne, then at Y/n, then the road ahead of them, before looking at Anne again.

"I don't mind." He spoke.

"I'm so glad." Anne smiled brightly, making Y/n smile at how happy her sister was. "I know that you, Y/n, and I are gonna get along together just fine." 

'Not if Y/n talks, we won't' Matthew thought to himself.

"It's such a relief to talk when one wants to and not be told that children should be seen and not heard. I've had that said to me a million times if I have once. People would laugh at me because I use big words, except for Y/n, but... but they're exciting and descriptive words, like... like "enraptured" and "glorious." If you have big ideas, you have to use big words to express them, haven't you?" Anne questioned.

"Well... I suppose so." Matthew said, not sure what to say.

"For example..." Anne stood up, looking at the fields around them. "I am enraptured by this glorious landscape!"

Y/n quickly held onto Anne's arm, so she wouldn't fall off. Matthew glanced at the two, a small smile slowly crawling on his face.

"Just careful now. Careful." He warned Anne.

Anne then sat down, glancing at Matthew, then Y/n, a big smile on her face, making Y/n smile back.

~

Back at the Cuthbert's house, Rachel walked onto the porch, panting, before knocking on the door, opening it, leaning on the wall, as Marilla stood in front of her.

"Afternoon, Rachel. I've put the kettle on." Marilla greeted.

Rachel nodded, stepping into the household.

Marilla gestured to the table, that had four plates laying on it, "Won't you sit down?"

Rachel walked forward, as Marilla took off her apron.

"I don't want to interrupt if you're expecting company." Rachel said.

"Oh, we've got plenty of time. Matthew won't be back for several hours." Marilla assured, grabbing the kettle.