Wherever You Are Is My Home pt 2

The daylight sky was out in Green Gables as the Cuthbert residence was quiet, four females being seen inside with one peacefully sleeping male in his bed

The daylight sky was out in Green Gables as the Cuthbert residence was quiet, four females being seen inside with one peacefully sleeping male in his bed. The sound of the rooster making it's loud noises could be heard from outside where the chickens were as it woke the small family up inside the nice looking home. Inside Matthew's bedroom, Marilla and Rachel watched as Anne leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to his cheek before stepping back and letting Y/n do the same. The twins and Marilla had their coats, boots, gloves and hats on as they were prepared to head out to town to save their home. Rachel had instantly came by once she heard what happened to her friend and promised to look after him while they were gone in case he woke up and needed anything. Eventually, it wasn't long until they were leaving their home and heading out to town on their wooden carriage they had. After a little while and parking the carriage somewhere, Marilla was leading the twins to the Bank of Carmody and stepping inside and after a little while, they were sitting down in front of a man, Marilla being the one to speak to him, looking at the paper the woman had given him.

"This is most irregular. Where is Mr. Cuthbert?" The man asks in a demanding tone, looking up from the paper.

Marilla gulps. "Indisposed. Unfortunately. I'm here on his behalf."

"Most irregular." The man repeats as he smooths out the paper.

"My brother has suffered a heart attack." Marilla informs. "It'll be many months until he is well."

"Difficult news, indeed." The man states.

Marilla nods. "Yes. I'm... We're... Matthew and I are wondering about the terms of the loan... and if we might get an extension on the payments."

"The terms of the loan are clear. Mr. Cuthbert was the asset we invested in." The man tells her.

"That's why I'm hoping to renegotiate. In light of the situation?" Marilla questions in a hopeful tone.

"It seems you don't understand. This loan is now a bad risk. I am going to have to exercise this clause here to pull the loan back." The man explains, raising his voice a bit as he points at a certain part of the paper.

Marilla's eyes widen a bit. "Pull it back?"

"What exactly does that mean?" Anne asks when Marilla took a wide eyed glance at them.

The man sighs. "I have already stated that Mr. Cuthbert is the asset. If he is not able to work the land, then we must call in the loan by the end of the month. I'm sorry, but if there's no potential for return on our investment, the investment must be returned, or the property forfeit. It is all right there."

After a couple seconds of uncomfortable silence in the room, Marilla shakily took the paper back before her and the twins were standing up, walking out of the room and soon out of the bank. As they headed to their horse, Marilla instructed the twins to wait, claiming she had quick errand to run before heading into somewhere else. Y/n found herself slowly walking in front of the horse, letting her glove covered hands pet the animal's fur as she glanced around, letting out a breath as it could be visible in the winter air. At the sight of Anne looking through a dress shop window, the e/c eyed girl curiously walks over and once Anne looked and her, motioning with her head inside, Y/n's eyes widened when she peaked through the window at the beautiful dresses all propped up for women to buy. Realizing they should wait by the horse once Marilla came back out, the twins, hand in hand, headed back to the horse.