Wherever You Are Is My Home

School was going on at the moment, the sing-song voices of the children near the front of the classroom filling the air as the older kids could all be seen sitting at the desks, decorating stuff for the holiday

School was going on at the moment, the sing-song voices of the children near the front of the classroom filling the air as the older kids could all be seen sitting at the desks, decorating stuff for the holiday. In the corner of the classroom, a Christmas tree could be seen with decorations on it. The demeanor was with happiness and calmness as the children and most older kids were excited for the holiday. Especially the Shirley-Cuthbert twins, considering it would be their first Christmas with their legal guardians after being adopted by the Cuthbert siblings. In front of the singing children, a teacher could be seen as she motioned with her hands, almost as if it was like an opera.

At one of the desks, Y/n held a pair of scissors in one of her hands while the other held a piece of paper as she was making paper snowflakes. Across from her, Anne was doing the same thing, along with Moody who sat beside the redhead, figuring he'd join them in making paper snowflakes. Across the room, Diana could be seen sitting with the girls as they were doing the same thing. The entire time, Y/n found herself not saying much as she thought of a certain boy, but most people didn't take much of it, considering she was usually always quiet, unlike her twin sister.

"Do you suppose it's true that no two snowflakes are alike?" Anne questions. "I hope so. It's kind of comforting, isn't it?"

"And the bank manager, who happens to be my uncle, he said that the Cuthberts are poor." The sound of Josie's voice fills Y/n's ears, making her stop a bit.

"I've heard it said that snow is a sign of God's forgiveness, and--" Anne continues, not seeming to hear the blonde, but she is shushed by the teacher. "By blanketing the ugly frozen earth, and making it beautiful."

"Anne and Y/n are poor?" Diana's voice asks.

"What do you mean "poor"?" Jane's voice adds.

"Poor as in "penniless old fellow with no head for finance"." Josie replies, catching Anne's attention.

"That's not very nice." Ruby points out.

The redhead takes a glance at her sister who was staring at her hands that held the paper and the scissors. Anne took notice that she seemed to have been listening in on their conversation and couldn't help but wish she had heard them earlier as well.

"Snow means Christmas is coming. And I love Christmas. Don't you two?" Moody speaks up, glancing between the twins.

"I don't know, but I plan to." Anne tells him.

Moody gulps, wondering if he should ask the question lingering in his head. "Did you guys not have Christmas at the orphanage?"

"There wasn't much to it, really. I'm not sure why Father Christmas wasn't able to stop there. Maybe the matron scared him off." Anne jokes.

"That can't be true." Diana's voice states, catching the twins attention again.

"The Cuthberts had to mortgage their farm. Isn't that sad?" Josie states with a taunting voice, not even looking to be at least a bit sorry.