I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

Back at the train station with Matthew. He was looking around sadly, while the stationmaster looked at him curiously, speaking up.

"Mr. Cuthbert? Do you know where they're headed?"

Matthew's bottom lip quivers a little, "The orphanage."

~

With Anne and Y/n. Both were gripping each others hands, walking off the train. They look around the train station they were in, hearing many voices all at once.

~

"Did they run away?" The stationmaster asks Matthew.

"No." Matthew answers. "How did they seem?"

"Quiet. Yes, they were real quiet. Didn't say a word."

Matthew didn't say a word after that. He grabs the horse's leach, and starts running as fast as he can, pulling the horse along with him.

~

Y/n and Anne stood at the train station, looking around.

"Girls!" A man called out.

They didn't hear him over the many chattering going around.

"Girls!" He was close to them this time.

They turned to look at him, as he smiled 'sweetly' at them, making their blood run cold. Something about this man didn't look right. They both thought that.

"Girls, girls. Right this way, girls." He said to them.

"Who are you?" Y/n asks.

"I'm supposed to fetch you, girls." He says.

"We don't understand. Who sent you?" Anne asks this time, gripping Y/n's hand.

She didn't trust this man, neither did Y/n.

"Why, your family, of course. Now right this way, little ladies." He then gripped both their arms, walking in-between them.

"Our family?" They both say in unison.

"They sent me to collect you, and bring you two home. We'll be there in a jiff." The man 'assures.'

"Let go of us." Anne says firmly.

"Quickly now. Let's hurry up." The man ignores her other words. "I've got some lovely sweets in my carriage for the ride."

"Get away from us!" Y/n yells, freeing her arm from the mans grip, as Anne does the same, before she grips Y/n's hand, pulling her as they run away from the man, which he jogs after them.

He stops once two boys walk in front of him, as he kneels down, speaking.

"Uh... Hello, young masters. I've been sent to take you home."

(Creepy...)

~

The sisters find their way to a boat. About to cross the small road, but a carriage rode in front of them, making them stop, before walking again, still gripping hands, handing the man their ticket, then walking on.

~

They lay in front of the boat, sinking down beside each other, trying to stay warm. Anne grabs two shawls from her bag, handing one to Y/n, before putting on hers, Y/n doing the same. Y/n cuddled up next to Anne, resting her head on her shoulder, as their last conversation with Marilla plays in their heads.

"I told you that brooch... Confess at once!"

"But I didn't take it!"

"Confess!"