I Am No Bird, and No Net Ensnares Me pt 2

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

In the house, Y/n and Anne stood in the dining room as Marilla walked in.

"You'll be wanting the egg cups?" Anne asked.

"Yes, please." The woman answered.

The twins went to fetch them, as Marilla turned to them.

"Did you two bring your laundry down?"

"Yes, Ms. Cuthbert." Both answered.

As Marilla was walking out of the dining room, she turned back to them.

"Please attend to the toast." And then she walked into the kitchen.

After a couple seconds, the sisters walked in.

"Excuse me." Y/n said awkwardly.

"Of course." Marilla mumbled with the same awkwardness.

Y/n attended to the toast, as Anne stood beside her. Both had frowns on their faces. Matthew walked in, already sensing the awkwardness.

Matthew looked at the two sisters as Y/n stood up, done with the toast. She glanced at Marilla before the woman spoke.

"On the table. Thank you." She walked out of the kitchen and into the dining room.

Y/n walked in, as well, setting the plate in her hands on the table, as Anne followed her sister, Matthew following after them.

Marilla and Y/n set up the rest of the table as Matthew and Anne stood there, awkwardly silent. Marilla passed the food along to the three, no one saying a word.

The whole time, Matthew glanced between all three girls that sat in front of him. Finally, he spoke.

"I'll be out to... walk the potato vines today." He glanced at his sister, who nodded, still not saying anything.

Then he glanced at the twin sister, watching them eat, not saying a word either.

He spoke again, "I might send Jerry to the smithy with the bay for shoes."

Marilla nodded, "I'll pack him a lunch."

"Alright." Matthew nodded. "Alright, then."

Matthew stared at the two girls. Both Anne and Y/n stayed silent, eating their food, avoiding any eye contact.

~

While Anne was in the barn, Y/n sat on the porch, drawing the view in front of her. Every minute or so, she would glance up, then glance back at her paper.

A couple feet away, stood Marilla, staring at the girl. She still wouldn't admit that she missed them both, especially Y/n.

Walking towards the house, Jerry had a smile on his face once he saw the h/c haired girl. The two of them gotten pretty close since they met when the Cuthbert siblings hired him.

"Y/n!" He called.

She looked up at the sound of her name leaving someone's mouth. Her gaze stopped on Jerry, who smiled brightly at her.

Unlike Anne, Jerry and Y/n got along. Y/n liked Jerry right away, and same with him.

"Jerry!" She got to her feet, leaving her notebook on the porch, running to her friend.