Your Will Shall Decide Your Destiny pt 3

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

The Cuthbert's and the Shirley's sat down at the table, later in the evening. While Marilla, Matthew, and Y/n were eating, Anne stared at her food with a blank expression, but you could tell there was a sadness emotion there.

Marilla glanced up at the red head, seeing she wasn't eating like the rest of them.

"Well, you're not eating at all."

"I can't. I'm sorry. I'm in the depths of despair. Can you eat when you're in the depths of despair?" Anne asks.

"I've never been in the depths of despair, so I can't say." Marilla states.

"Well, did you ever imagine that you were in the depths of despair?" Anne questions.

Marilla shakes her head, "No, I didn't."

"Well, it's a very uncomfortable feeling, indeed. When you try to eat, a big lump comes right up into your throat, and you can't swallow anything. Not even if it was a chocolate caramel. Y/n and I had chocolate caramel once two years ago, and it was simply delicious. I hope you won't be offended that I can't eat. Everything is extremely nice." Anne explains.

"I guess she's just tired. Y/n, too." Matthew tells his sister. "Best put them to bed, hmm?"

Marilla nods in agreement, "Fetch your bags and follow me."

Y/n and Anne get up from their seats, gripping each others hands, walking up the stairs with Marilla after grabbing their bags. The whole time, Matthew's eyes followed them, until they were out of sight.

He sighs. He was starting to actually like the two sisters.

Upstairs, Marilla leads the twins into their shared bedroom. Two beds side by side, leaving a little space in-between them. Anne and Y/n look around, as Marilla puts the candle down, speaking to the two.

"Well, undress. Quick as you can. Get to bed."

Both girls go to one side of the room, untying their shoes.

"I'll come back in a few minutes for the candle." And with that, Marilla leaves the room, closing the door, leaving a crying Anne and a almost crying Y/n to get undress.

Seeing Anne cry, made Y/n wanna cry. But she tried not to. She always felt like she had to be strong for her sister. Even though, Anne was about eleven minutes older than Y/n. While undressing, many sobs and sniffles leave from Anne, making a few sniffles leave from Y/n.

Once the two were done, they both went to their beds, getting under the covers. Y/n watches Anne cry and sob, Anne's back facing the door.

Just then, Marilla walks in, but stops once she hears Anne's sobs. The woman glances at Y/n, seeing her looking at her sister, many tears leaving her eyes and falling onto her cheeks and the pillow.

"Good night." Marilla says reluctantly.

Anne turns to face her, "How can you call it a good night when you know this must be the very worst night we've ever had?" And with that, she turns back around, sobbing into her pillow, Y/n still watching her with tears coming out of her own eyes.

Marilla sighs, grabbing the candle, glancing at Anne, then at Y/n, meeting her e/c eyes. Many tears pooled in them, and many falling out. She kept her lips in a thin line, trying not to let any sobs leave. Then, Marilla walks out, leaving the door open with a little crack, still listening to Anne's sobs, and Y/n's teary face replaying in her mind

"Y/n?" Anne sobs.

"Yes, Anne?" Y/n asks quietly.

"Can you come and sleep with me? Please..." Her voice quivers.