chapter 26

GEMIMA'S POV

My lungs burned every time i breathed in a small amount of oxygen, my heart ached as it struggled to beat normally, it felt like there was acid pulsing through my veins. My memory was practically wiped of all events after stabbing myself. I couldn't wrap my head around why my body felt alien... not mine. I felt like i was just a conscience in a strangers body and I was trapped. I wanted to desperately rip my way out of this body and scream until my throat was bloody.

But I couldn't.

I was mentally screaming at the top of my lungs; for help, for someone to clarify what the fuck was going on and a lot of profanity. But mainly i was screaming for Mason. 

Oh god how i missed Mason, the last time I saw him he was caressing me in his arms as i died. I hated how much pain I had caused him... it wasn't fair on him, i was a terrible mate to have.. a burden.

Time in the pitch black darkness went extremely slow, i had woken from what seemed like a few days with a huge gulp of air. The oxygen seemed to travel from head to toe and revive my whole being, i physically felt my heart jump start and it slowly start pumping blood around my body. I could somehow tell that it had been a while since my death and i was curious as to why i was only being revived now..

The pitch black darkness I was in was due to the fact i couldn't pry my eyes open, i couldn't speak, couldn't here and couldn't feel.  The only positive to the past few days was I could feel a presence in the room with me at all times, i could feel the persons aura, the person would change every once in a while. Some aura's were friendly, sympathetic, loving and even guilty.

There was one aura that i could identify easily among the others, whenever this person was near me my whole body would tingle with pins and needles, i tried to absolute hardest to make a sound for them and sometimes i'd succeed by making a small moan or i'd twitch my finger. Their aura emitted pure and utter love and hope and my heart burst whenever they were near.

Mason, my love. 

Another thing that was off was when Mason wasn't around and I was feeling so depressingly lonely a small voice would pop into my head, at first i assumed it was my wolf.. but something about the pitch of the voice was not right. It was alot lighter and high pitched, almost daintier. 

Whenever my mind wandered I imagined I was still the little girl who believed she was abducted by aliens and plopped into a wolf's body, creating a werewolf. My parents used to scold me and drone on about the moon goddess's love for the children of the moon; wolves, and her love for humans so she decided to use her unearthly powers to create a morphed being of the two creatures thus creating the werewolf. Although i had always secretly believed my theory was alot cooler.

I almost felt guilty. Barely had my parents popped into my head ever since i moved packs and to WaterCliff Hills, i barely thought of my life back at Poblion, i guess i put a mental block on it because the fresh wound of abandoning my friends and family ate away at me.

I missed my mother, a woman so supportive and spontaneous who loved for everyone and was so beautiful with her brown doe eyes and black hair that fell down her back in natural waves. Her smile always reached her eyes and her knowledge was priceless, humor innocent. I missed how she would kiss my forehead whenever i was upset, she knew i didn't like to lay a load of problems on those around me and kept them to myself, little did she know that those little shows of affections helped me humongously. I missed how she always had little paint stains all over her clothes and bags, and how she always smelt citrus like. I missed how her and my father were such a laid back couple, they were best friends before they became mates.

I missed my fathers dry sarcasm and deep chuckle about the simplest things, i missed how he'd always picked me up when i fell, after he stopped laughing of course but he was always there to put me back on my feet. He shared his passion for adventure with me, his love of life. I missed the sounds of his old records he constantly had playing in his studio in the garage and his random visits at 4am in the morning, waking me up so we could shift and run through the forest at the wake of dawn as the sun rose.