chapter 23

*DURING THIS CHAPTER THE POV WILL BE CHANGING ALOT SO PLEASE BEAR WITH IT*

SOPHIA'S POV

Ever since I was a kid I believed in the nature of common sense. I had always accepted that one day everyone dies, whether their soul continues to live on and their body is turned to ashes or decays is that persons choice. So the possibility of a girl, whom i honestly hardly knew but liked instantly being able to go through this transformation from one being to another and then putting the broken pieces of her soul back together completely and utterly terrified me. 

Werewolves are more spiritually connected to the Earth and the Universe. This is because our wolf is also our spirit. It is unheard of for a werewolf to lose their wolf... until now. My Luna losing her wolf and transforming into this witch like demon makes her unique but shattered. How were such a small group of people meant to put together a living breathing being?! Even after Bri had explained who would be sacrificing what the common sense i had vowed to live by in crazy situations made me highly doubt this was possible. 

Derek was nervously babbling away beside me, i could tell he was slightly freaking out as his slumped posture and relaxed demeanor was washed away but a rigid figure. Plus although Derek loved to talk usually he had a base for what he talked about and the nonsense that was erupting out of his mouth was totally random. 

As if realizing I had been staring at him, he shut his mouth and looked down at me, his green eyes a shade darker looked intensely into mine. Then he blushed slightly and looked away. He had been doing that a lot recently, blushing and avoiding eye contact. It was as if something about looking at me embarrassed him or disgusted him enough for him to look away. I had caught him a few times staring at me with wide eyes lately, as if he was trying to decipher something about my face. 

Thinking about it too much made me self conscience. My alien like appearance made the kids when i was younger taunt me for being like a ghost..and the fact the person I trusted the most in the world couldn't bare the sight of me made even breathing hurt. I blinked back the tears and told myself off mentally for letting something so stupid and trivial hurt me. Sophia Asher does not cry! 

"Hey you look exhausted, how about letting me drive, we can both go back to mine because it's closer and order in some Chinese takeout?". Derek asked softly, with no energy to complain i silently gave him my keys and climbed into the passenger seat, leaning my head against the window. Derek hopped into the drivers seat and turned the engine on, sparing a quick glance at me before driving in the direction to his house. 

Somehow the time had passed by so the sun had already set when we had left the building and as we drove the surroundings of the forest on the dirt trail to Derek's house for the first time seemed eerie. I couldn't count the amount of time i'd driven this trail either by myself or with some friends. My parents had been best friends with Derek's and when they got killed in a car accident when i was little they had welcomed me into their home with open arms. But Mason's father the Alpha of the time said that an orphaned pup should be taken care of in the pack house so i grew up there instead. Mason was like a brother to me and insisted on protecting me from everything. But being so closed up in my own little world i shut everyone out... everyone apart from Derek, my best friend from the beginning.

Í hiccuped out a sob and quickly muffled it by covering my mouth with my hands. I could feel Derek's eyes on me concerned but i couldn't meet his stare.

"Sophia... are you crying?" Derek spoke almost in a bewildered tone. 

"No, idiot.' I growled defensively but it was too late as Derek had pulled into his driveway, his house dark because of his parents absence. I saw in my peripheral vision his hand reach across the car to me, i attempted to shrink away but he had already swept away my hair that was covering my face that was now covered in tears. I heard the intake of him gasping.