chapter 29

Everything seemed to be.. normal? Days passed by and every corner i'd turn i half expected someone/thing to grab me from out of the shadows and away from the life i was getting dragged through. I was expecting a rain of bullets to shatter the glass windows of the pack house because the hunters had come for revenge.. yet nothing. The only half decent threats i'd received were half hearted shade thrown at me from Macy and her clique of bitches. But even Macy treated me like she was stepping on cracked glass, like i was so fragile. I mean she even smiled at me on my first day back. Macy smiled at ME?! 

Mason had begun worrying i was paranoid. As if i didn't have a whole group of beings out to capture me! The only person I could confide in was Mike, he was the only one that wasn't treating me like i would break under pressure, he was the only one who understood that i wasn't like the rest of the pack. He knew i was a danger, that i was different from before.

It had a relief to leave Mason alone and talk to Mike. And it killed me everytime i admitted that to myself.

2 Weeks had passed since i had returned to school and i had begun to alienate myself from the rest of my pack and friends. I haven't slept in two days. Nor have i eaten in three days. I couldn't keep my food down and I had begun to have horrifying nightmares that contained myself ripping my friends to shreds. One night i woke up screaming because i had dreamt that i had been tracked down my parents and when their backs were turned my face distorted monstrously and i feasted on their flesh... i enjoyed it.

"Gemima, you have visitors" Derek's mother said from the doorway. Uncurling from my fetal position i had retreated into for hours on end I peered towards the entrance, over the woman's shoulder to see an excited looking Kristen and an unfamiliar boy beside her. Dangling on Kristen's fingers were her car keys and she was dressed like she was off to the beach.

"Callon and I have come to rescue you! Well, from your boredom that is" Kristen exclaimed as she wiggled her eyebrows humorously. The boy beside her grinned down at me, almost daring me to go with them. His dark brown eyes, almost as black as my own one glinted down at me. His black hair tousled perfectly to one side, he had a strong jawline and full brows and looked like her just stepped out of some punk music video shoot.

"I'm not sure about this Kristen, i'm sure Mason would've preferred if you had let him know, rather then spring it upon Gemima" Derek's mother droned on, with pursed lips and furrowed brows.

"Oh come on Val, you trust us don't you?" Callon spoke, his deep voice sounded calming and almost soothing. Derek's mother, Val's shoulders slumped in defeat and she stepped to the side, as if to unblock the door and set her eyes on me.

"Gemima.." She sighed before running her fingers over her creased forehead. "Just be safe okay, and please take your medication with you" she ended before turning towards Kristen and Callon.

"Don't leave our land and don't do anything stupid, take care of her" Val continued, pushing past Callon and out the door. Kristen yelled her thanks down the hallway and clapped her hands excitedly. Callon strode towards me, reaching an arm down for me to take. Staring up at the stranger, I realized i couldn't sense his feelings or thoughts. The silence of his being and aura was welcoming and I placed my hand in his and let him help me up.

His warm grasp was pleasant and i noticed that his hand lingered on mine for a moment after he pulled me up. Looking between my hand clasped with his and his gorgeous face he studied my face before placing his hand in his shorts pockets.

"Where are we off to?" I spoke, breaking the silence, Kristin eyes went from dull to lit as she took my hand and raced me to my closet, leave Callon behind.

"We are going to the beach, it's a beautiful day outside and you look like you desperately need some sun" Kristen said in front of me as she tore her way through my part of the walk in wardrobe.