chapter 20

Mason's POV

Dizziness over me as i let out a loud groan, a throbbing pain was escalating in my head and heart and a black spot was staining my memory. Sitting up in my bed two of my guards stiffened and laid a fist over their hearts bowing to me, as i stood up. I stumbled from the sudden movement and leaned on the bedside table for support. The younger of the guards, Stan, looked conflicted about something. 

"What is it" I commanded making the younger boy tense realizing i was aiming my question at him.

"Alpha, you... are awake" Stan stuttered out in shock. Stan's older brother (Vince) punched his brother's shoulder lightly and scowled at him for being captain obvious.

"Alpha, this morning the red haired girl appeared again and told the Beta and everyone else in the kitchen your mates location. And  that you would finally be waking up. A group of 20 wolves went to the facility and are surrounding it's perimeters assuring no one enters or leaves without your say. We waited for you to wake up before we begun the raid." Vince spoke, like a soldier speaking to his captain with respect and calmness. 

"How long have I been out?" I asked. The hole in my memory started to shrink with this information. Gemima, the red haired girl, a cabin... trying to pick at the memories my migraine spiked making me irritible that Vince and Stan didn't answer me. "Well! How long?" I yelled.

"A month." Stan spat out. A month how could that be, i was only there for a few days.... time went a lot faster in that place. But what place was that. Gemima. Oh god. Grabbing for some shoes i walked out the door shouting orders behind me. Every step i took my memory cleared and for some reason i dreaded finding out what my mind was blocking me from.

By the time i had left the pack house and was en route to the facility where my mate was being kept in. Blind fury raged within me and i felt my wolf howling with anger.... and in despair. But why?

What had happened in that limbo.. the last thing i remembered was claiming Gemima as mine and taking her. Everything after that is a blur. But oddly i can hear slightly the splash of water and see a gold stone in my vision when i close my eyes and try and remember for too long. 

The car jolted as the driver turned onto a narrow road down a steep cliff by the ocean. I heard the wind howling outside, it sounded strong enough to flip the car i had been sitting in for an hour. I thought bringing a car was unnecessary but Vince reminded my of the medical supplies hidden in the cars boot. And that Gemima probably won't be able to shift after being taken for so long..

Gemima, her long tanned legs, the way her eyes were so lustful yet innocent as she pleaded me to take her. Her soft moans as our bodies entangled, the way our bodies reacted to each other. Her amber eyes as wide as a doe, her soft beautiful hair and her sighs as she became more and more turned on. Perfection was not even a word worthy to describe a goddess like her. I closed my eyes and ran a hand through my hair frustrated. Anxiety coursed through me as we neared the facility I couldn't remember the last encounter after my taking Gemima in the cabin but i knew it was unpleasant i felt it in my soul and heard it in my wolfs howls.

Rain hit my face violently as i departed from the vehicle which was pulled up in front of an abandoned hospital that sat on the edge of a beach. The lights within the hospital blazed and wolves surrounded the building. Derek my beta was by my side immediately filling me in with all the details Vince had forgot to tell me. 

"What course of action do you wish to take?" Derek asked hesitantly, i saw Mike hovering a few feet beside us in human form. He was shivering and bundled up in various layers.Typical.

"I want my mate returned to me safely. Keep alive any one that may hold information on why Gemima was taken and what happened after etc etc. Kill the rest. If possible avoid any and all contact with the hooded creatures." I demanded my voice stern. "Do you have any Intel of where Gemima is being held in this place?"