Chapter 10

After Mason left I frowned at how abruptly he took off, as if the thought of being around me was disgusting. How warm and nice he'd been at the beginning of the day disappeared in that awkward drive home. Maybe he blamed me for Kate's death...
Shaking my head I stand up and walk to the kitchen quickly fixing myself a snack before going outside hauling a book and a doona (blanket) with me, relaxing into a long chair facing the misty lake.
Opening the book I start to read but eventually fall asleep.
....
A sharp noise grabbed my attention as I averted my eyes toward the sound and there standing on the shore of the lake walking towards me with beads of water dripping off his chest was.. My previous Alpha?
"Sam?" I yell out towards the figure but when he doesn't reply I stand up and back away from his into the outline of the trees where I had more ground to run.
It was defiantly Sam, the way he stalked towards me with authority made me shiver in fear.
"Sam I didn't go into your land, wh..why are you here Sam?" I ask my voice breaking halfway throughout the sentence. I watch as Sam's attention turns to a tree, with Kate laying delicately across the branch twirling a ringlet of her red hair around her snowy finger. I watch her mouth open and close as if speaking and Sam nod before he approached me faster and his eyes glowed red and then gold.
"S...SAM!?" I scream before taking off into the forest running for my life. I attempt to shift but my shoulder seemed to not have fully shifted and I grunted in protest realising I would have to run.
I heard thumps harden from a short distance away knowing Sam had shifted. I sprint through the greenery, trees blurring past me.
It seemed like I was running for years before I felt a claw scratch my back.
It dug in.
Deep.
I screamed and stumbled losing my balance and tripping over a dead carcass of a rabbit.
I felt Sam's paw push my back down making me yell out in pain as my not yet healed back bled out onto the forest floor.
"Do you know an Alphas claws can rip through bone, and the injury prevents werewolf healing.. Making your healing process as slow as a humans" I hear Sam say back in human foot.
Feeling him lay onto of my back my shoulder and back tingled in fiery pain.
I reach my hands out around me looking for something to hit him with but he digs his elbows into my skin leaving me defenseless.
"I always hoped you were my mate Gem, your tan body and long hair made all the unmated wolves go crazy but then I was introduced to Kate, I didn't want her like I wanted you. She was more like the girl who made you smile and laugh and was up for cuddles but you.. You and your flirting made me dream of the things I could do to you" He whispers in my ear while lifting one of his arms and flipping me before taking down my leggings and his pants before restraining me once more. "Kate didn't even know I was her mate, and you, you were away with Liam and then you.. You killed Kate and I... I knew I couldn't have either of you at that point. But now I can have you."
I screamed but he lifted my body into his and I felt him become one with me.
I attempted to lift my arms in protest and I screamed and cried as loud as I could manage even feeling blood at the end of my throat.
"Now I can have you" he said thrusting "after you can die like Kate died" thrust "so a slut like you isn't alive when my Kate is dead".
I closed my eyes and cried but he went harder and harder, I opened my eyes to see Kate smiling from her branch and I screamed loud.
It felt like every bone in my body was breaking but I pushed Sam off and In the process shifted. I let out a long loud howl before sprinting away. I knew I had lost Sam but I could never get too far away from him. I ran for at least until the sky darkened and the night awakened before I smelt some familiar scents and I saw lights in the distance. I ran up to the house hidden in the trees which was more like a mansion and shifted into human when I got into the porch.
Crawling to the porch door It seemed all the energy in me was gone and I scratched and knocked onto the door before I saw a shadow come across me and say my name.
I black out.
Hands gripping my shoulders shake me awake and I open my eyes to Mason looking down at me with so much concern. I was laying in a soft bed in the house I found.
"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU GEMIMA?!" Mason yelled shaking me, I winced and he let go apologising."The others said they heard screams and I sensed a wolf not in my pack cross the land but it was so far away I didn't out two and two together" Mason explained running a hand through his ruffled hair "So I sent Sophie and Derek to go for a look as they were the only ones here, then as an hour or so went by I heard scratching on the door and I see... You." He looked at me and his eyes were wide in horror.
"You were bleeding from your back and...between your legs" He said looking away. I blushed. "I knew from the way your clothes... Your pants were ripped and low on your thighs what that wolf did to you.. The reason Sophie and Derek couldn't find you was because we weren't used to your scent yet and... He raped you didn't he Gemima." He asked looking at me, I gulped but nodding he got up swiftly then punched the wall closest to him.
"I...I'm sorry to cause so much drama Alpha I..I didn't know that Alpha was trying to hurt me." I whispered but he all of a sudden beside me shaking his head.
"Don't say that" Gemima you couldn't have known what he was going to do... You'll have to stay with me her until your wound gets better, when you shifted it opened up A lot more and I got my best healer to treat it but it will take a while. I hope you don't mind but I went through your memories to earlier and relived what happened to you so I could see the culprit... What you did, shifting while going through that is very brave and dangerous" Mason said before kissing me in the cheek.
"I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you when you needed me but from now on I'll always protect you." He said before he left leaving me bewildered and very confused.
Later that night I cried myself to sleep.
________________________________
How dramatic I know sorry to put you through that
Like
Favourite