chapter 24

DEREK'S POV

She looked so beautiful in the morning, when the rising sun crept in between the blinds and reflected on her skin. Her hair shone and her skin glowed. Knowing that she was mine... was spectacular. After we had come to the realization we were both mates we had left the car and darted to my room. I don't know why we went there, it just felt like the place to go. Sophia for the first time in her life was awkward around me, so we just watched tv until she fell asleep. That was a few hours ago.. I had been drifting in and out of sleep as whenever i was deep in slumber Mason would mind link me and tell me some more things.

The head hunter had escaped. He was working with the witches and the Alpha of Gemima's old pack. And he was immortal.

This onslaught of information gave me a headache and made me appreciate the fact that Sophia wasn't fully involved in any of it. 

I felt Sophia stir beside me and i grinned down at her as she slyly turned to face toward me and hid her morning face beneath her hands. 

"Morning sleeping beauty" I whispered before kissing her fingertips and taking her hands away from her face. Her gray eyes were shining brightly but she was giving me a cynical glare which made me chuckle. 

She sat up and stretched her arms over her head yawning. I couldn't help but let my eyes wander over her marvelous figure. She was wearing the shirt i had bought from a concert a year ago, that was like a dress on her. As she stretched the fabric lifted upward showing off the skin of her upper thighs, the black color of the shirt making her skin contrast wildly. 

I informed her of what i had learned from the night before as we made our way down the stairs to the kitchen. My parents were already at the kitchen table, my father dressed in his work suit pouring coffee into a travel cup for himself as my mother sipped her tea as she read the paper. My mothers brown eyes met mine and lit up as she saw me and Sophia. It wasn't odd for Sophia to stay over because she has been all of her life. 

"Sophia my dear how are you this morning? Sonia told me how you did wonderfully at the nursing station the other night, so proud of you". My mother exclaimed smiling so wide her eyes wrinkled in the corners. She had always been especially close to Sophia and when Sophia said she was interested in nursing which was my mothers profession she was over the moon. I think it's because she had always wanted me to be a girl. 

"Ah Soph would you like a cup, Mike your eggs are in the pan son. Help yourself to whatever you like Soph" My father said before grabbing his work bag, kissing my mothers cheek and patting me and Sophia on the head. My father worked in the police force in Watercliff Hills, he was more of a private investigator and travelled alot because of his work. My mother worked Watercliff Hills Hospital as one of the head nurses. My father was also the pack Beta before myself and because of his police training he is an exceptional fighter.

I made my way over to the pan and flipped my eggs while Sophia came up beside me to grab an apple from the fruit bowl. 

"Should we tell your mum?" Sophia whispered into my ear, her hot breath tickling my neck i quickly looked at her with wide eyes. She had to be talking about the mate issue. I hadn't even thought of telling anyone yet. But the thing that worried me was my mums amazing hearing and i wasn't wrong to worry when my mother glanced between me and Sophia curiously.

"Tell me what" My mum questioned. Sophia mouthed a sorry at me before taking a bite out of the apple so she couldn't reply. Plopping the eggs onto a plate beside some toast i sat in front of my mother at the table. I had inherited her full lips and hair color but my fathers eyes and face shape.

"Schools back next week last term of this year then i'll be in senior year!" I exclaimed blatantly trying to change the subject. My mother clearly not impressed raised her eyebrows, from behind me Sophia was laughing hysterical. I turned to her and gave her an unimpressed look to which she sneakily gave me the finger and sat beside me, entwining her hand with mine under the table.