chapter 1

HEY GUYS PLEASE LEAVE A VOTE IF YOU LIKED MY STORY AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GIVING IT A TRY!

My alarms clock wakes me up by blaring in my ear, I instantly get mad when I hear that my brother had changed the alarm sound to Baby by Justin Bieber again. Now I'm starting off my day even madder than I already was since now I have to go to school. It's the last day of finals week for the first semester of my junior year at East Valley High School.

I was a pretty good student, well actually at this rate I will be graduating at the top of my class I could probably even graduate early if I want. I'm taking almost all AP classes with all A's and I have a 4.6 GPA so I wasn't too stressed about finals since I had over a 95% in all my classes.

I throw on a oversized black hoodie and a pair of baggy gray sweats, I'm not one for dressing up but this was even a little lazy for me. I didn't even bother brushing my hair and just put my wavy hair into a high ponytail pulling a couple pieces out to try and frame my face so I didn't look like I literally had just rolled out of bed. I wash my face and brush my teeth then walk into the living room of our apartment.

I had no clue where my Mom was she had been gone for a couple days, probably with one of her new boyfriends. My older brother, Dylan, was working early shifts at a construction site and doing community college during the evening, he's always been so hardworking and really inspires me to do well in school so I can be successful too. We are there for each other since Dad had left and Mom was usually MIA.

With an empty apartment I grabbed an apple and sat down on the sofa and turned on the TV for a couple minutes before James would knock on my door and we'd walk to school. He had been my best friend ever since I moved here a couple years ago and we were inseparable ever since. He was so spontaneous and outgoing and was always having boyfriend drama, compared to me who was more of an introvert who hadn't even held hands romantically yet, so we balanced each other nicely.

I finally hear him knock impatiently not stopping till I open the door. He was tall with bleach blonde hair that I begged him not to dye but he did anyway.He had dark brown skin that made his bright blueish gray eyes pop. He's wearing a baby blue shirt that was a little tight but it was balanced out with baggy dickie pants.
"Wow Emma, you look like shit" he says as I turn my back to him locking the door behind me.
"Not all of us can be naturally hot like you James" I say we walk side by side on our way out the building.
" Yeah I know, but you don't understand how difficult it is being this hot. I'm so exhausted from fighting all the hot, rich, grown men off" he says is an exasperated tone and I just roll my eyes and let out a small chuckle.

We make it too school which is basically like a prison, you have to walk through medal detectors everyday and their was bound to be at least one fight every day. I try to make the most of it but it is hard when hardly anyone here takes their education seriously and there's not a lot of room to grow here with no new opportunities. James and I go our separate ways and we don't see each other till Art, the only subject he's better than me at.

When school is done we walk back to the apartment complex and both lay down on the sofa absolutely exhausted but relieved is was all over and we have two weeks off. Both of us just lay their talking about how tired and hungry we are when Dylan walks through the door and throws himself on top of me.
"Ouch get off of me you fat bitch" I shout at him but I was too tired to fight him off me.
"Guess what?!" He says as he excitedly jumps up and down like a small child.
"What?" I say too exhausted to deal with his antics.
A/N
HEY GUYS PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK SO FAR AND I WELCOME ALL CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM TO MAKE THE STORY BETTER