chapter 7

Emma POV

This day has already been pretty shit, it's all because of Tristan I have no clue why he won't stop fucking with me. I really need to watch we're I am walking now last thing I want is to make any more enemies than I already have. I figure I won't see Tristan for the rest of the day since my last three periods are all APs so I'm guessing that Tristan will not be in those classes, he just doesn't seem to care very much about school.

Luckily the classes actually fly by and once the final bells ring I am able to leave and meet Kyla outside the office building. "Hey Em, how was the first day?" Kyla beams causing me to look up from my feet.

"It was alright" I say and that is true besides the whole Tristan thing today was actually pretty good.

"Thats good, I can't wait for you to meet all the other tutors, they are all super nice and excited to meet you." I'm actually pretty happy that I might be able to meet some people and possibly some new friends, it would just be nice to have someone around sometimes. We finally get to the library where their is a group of about 6 other students, they all look up at us as we approach the table. "Hey guys this is Emma, she just transferred and will be another tutor here." I am greeted with the group of students saying Hi and pointing to the empty seat signally me to sit down with them.

"Why don't we all introduce ourselves" a girl with bleach blonde hair says, "I'm Ashley." She says and I shoot her a smile.

"I'm Tyler" a boy with large black framed glasses and curly brown hair says.

"Nate" another boy says and I nod, he didn't seem very talkative.

"I'm Megan" a small red head with bright blue eyes says.

"And I'm Jess" the final girl says.

"Well let's get started shall we" Kyla says trying to get the meeting started, "make sure you send me your schedule today with the students you are tutoring. I'll talk to a couple of teachers and see if they can recommend Emma to a couple students who need the tutoring." She says and the table begins just writing out things on a big calendar and exchanging worksheets and such for their classes.

"You'll probably be able to start tutoring someone tomorrow, I'm going to go talk to some of the teachers and have them find you a student." She says and I smile.

"Thank you so much I really appreciate it." I say and she leaves to go talk to teachers. Tyler and and Ashley show me what I would do and it was pretty easy, all the classes I would help students with was regular courses so I would have already learned a lot of the course.  It's been about an hour since I first got here and if I want to make it home in time to get to work I have to leave in the next five minutes. Just as I'm heading out I see Kyla walking back in.

"Ah Em I'm so glad I caught you, I got you a student for tomorrow after school he will meet you here."

"Oh awesome thank you, I've got to go I have work but I'll see you tomorrow right?" I ask hopefully.

"Yeah of course see you tomorrow Em." I smile back at her, I usually don't like people calling me Em but with her I surprisingly don't mind at all.

I get on my bus and pull out my book to read for my ride to the diner. This whole commute is not bad I am able to read the whole time which makes it all go by pretty fast and it's nice to have some quiet time to myself. Before I know it 30 minutes has passed and I'm at my stop starting my quick 2 block walk to the diner.

Once I get there the job is about the same as always not too busy but just enough so it's not a total waste of time. I pretty much have the same couple groups of customers every day. I was wiping down a table when I am interrupted by someone shouting my name.

I turn around and see James in a pair of black baggy jeans and a tight t shirt. "What are you doing here James." I say in a playful tone, I was actually so happy that he was here.

"I came to see how your first day was, I couldn't wait to hear all the details, plus I really wanted a milkshake" he's says sitting down in one of the bar seats. I go place an order for his chocolate shake and then it's time for my break once I bring it to him. "So how was it, did you miss me?" He asks.

"You have no ideas how much I did, but I guess overall it was ok."

"Just ok.."

"Well their was this one guy-"

"Omg already wow was he cute? When do I get to meet him?"

"Stop it was a bad guy interaction, I bumped into him in the hallway so he wouldn't stop messing with me all day. He just kept stealing my shit and insulting me it was tiring."

"Maybe he likes you, I'm not trying to excuse his dicky behavior but for some reason straight boys love to bully the shit out of girls they like. Maybe he just has a small ego."

"I don't he think he likes me at all." I say honestly.

"We'll just avoid him then and see what happens"

"Great advice James" I state sarcastically rolling my eyes and he shrugs, "plus I can because I sit next to him in a class."

"Well I don't know what to say, is he hot?"

"James!" I exclaimed embarrassed.

"I'll take that as a yes?" He questioned with a smirk.

"Fine he's very attractive but he's an ass."

"Does he have a nice ass too?" James shrieks.

"Stop it now." I whispered letting out a chuckle.

"Hey Emma," my manager comes over and I'm thinking I'm going to get in trouble, "you can go ahead and head home not very busy today." She says and I nod going back to grab my things.

James and I walk back to our apartment and theirs a not from Dylan saying he won't be back home tonight that he's spending the night with his girlfriend. I really did not need to know that but since he wasn't going to be here I invited James to spend the night so we just hang out, watch some cheesy movies and eat a frozen pizza. I went to bed hoping tomorrow I would have a better day at school and Tristan would just forget about me.