Chapter Twenty-One

I wasn't expecting the bathroom scene in this chapter, but I hope y'all enjoy it. You can never have too much body positivity.

Picture of the outdoor dining in the multimedia section!

The Soundtrack of Us will be published tonight. Keep a look out on that.

Comment, vote, follow, but most importantly—

Stay safe and healthy.

Luis wasn't sure what was worse—the ache in his thighs when he walked or the ache in his lower back when he sat down.

When he and Dominic joined their friends for breakfast at the hotel's outdoor area, he decided the lower back pain was much worse...but they were both worth it.

"Well, don't you look the perfect combination of relaxed and tense." Sara said. "This vacation has already done its work I see."

"Teasing this early in the morning, Sara?" Dominic joked as he sat next to Luis and laid his arm across his chair.

"It is what I do best." She smiled, then cut her eyes to Maurice, who had his head down on the table facing Sara, eyes closed. "Well, one of the things I do best. Right, baby?" He groaned in response as she rubbed circles on his back.

"Honey, please. Let me rest. Haven't you had enough?!"

Luis stared wide-eyes at the blush that ran across his best friend's face. This was a once in a lifetime moment for him—seeing Sara embarrassed.

"I mean we covered every inch of that hotel room. My body is sorer than it is after a 12-hour shift of throwing myself into burning buildings. And you want more?!?"

"Um?" The four of them turned to the waiter standing at their table with a face as red as Sara's. "Can I start you guys off with some coffee?"

Even though he had a chance to milk Sara's embarrassment as she would him, Luis decided to be the bigger person and changed the topic to the beauty of the hotel and the view of the beach. Conservation moved from there and the couples talked through their meals. When the plates were empty, Maurice and Dominic went on to explore the hotel's game room with the pressure of their partners.

"Baby," Luis said. "You two go ahead and check it out. Have fun! I'm not up for all that walking just yet," And the blush returns to Luis' face. "and Sara probably wants another round of drinks—"

"It's bottomless mimosas," she interrupted. "Hell yeah I do."

"So, we'll just meet you guys in the lobby in like an hour. That good? Good." He pressed his lips against Dominic's before he could answer and shoved his boyfriend towards the patio doors.

"The matching shirts? Really Williams?" Sara asked through her smile as they both smiled and waved at their partners as they watched them walk away.

"Dominic insisted." He answered the same way. "But after what he did last night, he could've wanted to wear a clown suit and I wouldn't have objected."

Sara burst out in laughter just as Dominic and Maurice left their view.

"I'm serious, Sara!" He giggled along with her. Between Dominic's romance, the peace of the hotel, and the smell of the beach, Luis was more relaxed than he could ever remember. "I mean, I thought he went all out with this hotel and the whole trip in general, but last night was... everything I've ever wanted. Rose petals, champagne, music, and just making me feel loved, like I'm the only thing that mattered to him in that moment."