Chapter Two

Dominic Hernandez was ready to choke someone.

Between his little brother and his employees, he didn't know who would be first.

Saturdays were hectic for Lorenzo's, Dominic's autoshop. For every pick-up, there was at least two drop-offs. His assistant, Deanna, bless her heart, was a sweet girl, but had no idea what she was doing. He gave her the job as a favor to his Mom's close friend. The girl was fresh out of high school and had no idea of what she wanted to do. Dominic knew how hard it was to be thrown into an unfamiliar world with no type of guidance, so he offered her the role.

If someone told him he would have to teach her basic office duties nearly two years after hiring her, he wouldn't have bothered offering the job in the first place.

"But Louisa had the best tits in school, man. Everybody wanted to bang her, bro."

Then, there was his brother.

They were in his office. His brother was sitting on a stool by the big window. Dominic was sitting at his desk. His laptop was open showing the scheduling app they used to keep things in check. The longer he kept looking at it, the more frustrated he became. It was times like this he was glad the shop was closed on Sundays. He would need the day off to catch up with the unfinished work.

"Angel." Dominic groaned as he rested his head in his hands. His elbows were sitting on his desk covered in paperwork and magazines. "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I thought you'd be interested in my life? You are my older brother. You're supposed to guide me on these important life decisions." Angel responded obviously. His eyebrow was raised in response to Dominic's attitude, but his attention was on his phone, scrolling through different Instagram pages.

"Trying to find someone to fuck isn't an important life decision."

"When you're nineteen it is." Dominic opened his mouth for a rebuttal, but couldn't think of one. He lifted his head and squinted his eyes at his younger brother.

"You got a point." Angel snorted. "Listen, always go for the thick girls. Thick thighs save lives ya know?"

"Now you're talking my language!" He shouted, smiling proudly at his older brother. "and I know the perfect girl, too. Mallory Altings."

"Roy's Mallory? Are you crazy?"

"I'm perfectly sane, my man." Dominic watched as Angel's thumbs typed in a flurry on his phone screen. "She's matured since the last time you've seen her. Puts the rest of the girls on the block to shame."

He turned his phone around to Dominic. "Oh. That's. Wow." Dominic blinked at the picture of the girl his Mom used to babysit. "That bikini top barely covers her nipples. How is that acceptable at the beach? Does her father know about this?!"

"I'm about to be the only daddy she cares about in a second."

"Well that's all I needed to hear." Dominic slammed his laptop shut and shot up from his chair. He made a beeline for his office door while Angel went back to texting at high speed.

He walked into the garage where all of the repairs took place. They were busy today so the space was full and all of his employees were busy. He greeted the ones he walked past and nodded in approval at their work.

The garage had been in his possession for the last four years, given to him from a close friend and mentor. It was his heart and joy. Seeing it flourish made him feel proud, like he was finally a productive citizen of society.

As he made his way towards the doorway that separate the garage and the receptionist area, a five-foot-two blur of blue hair and pale skin crashed into his chest. His hands gripped his assistant's shoulders to steady her as the papers she held flew around them.