Chapter Five [Part I]

Luis thought the tiramisu tasted good by itself, but it was fucking divine on Dominic's lips.

Tiramisu will never taste the same again. Fuck. Kissing will never taste the same again.

Luis pressed his body closer to Dominic; his lips pressing closer, too, something Luis had never found himself doing until now. And Dominic was receptive. Luis kind of expected that. After all, Dominic told him about how handsy he could get. Luis might have been slightly embarrassed then, but he was completely into it now. His mother always told him the best lovers were the ones that were good with their hands.

He could feel the power in the hand Dominic had rested against his cheek. His grip was firm, holding Luis where he wanted him, but the touch felt so loving, the same way the man kissed. Luis can't say he wasn't disappointed when he heard the sound of a door slamming coming from the bakery's kitchen. It reminded him they weren't alone and as proud as he felt to be the person under Dominic's arm, he still wasn't into making out in public.

Luis placed his hand on Dominic's wrist and eased his head backwards. Their noses were still inches away from each other's and the space between their lips felt magnetic, like their lips weren't meant to be apart. His gaze shifted from Dominic's lips to his eyes and found him staring back. Dominic's eyes were naturally dark brown, but his pupils were blown, disguising the color Luis was starting to infatuate.

"I've been wanting to do that since I walked into the bank."

Luis felt a tremor slide down his back at the growl of Dominic's voice. "Me too." That was all he could get out, but a million thoughts were running through his mind. And they were all about the kiss.

"Yeah?" Dominic inched closer, his lips just ghosting over Luis'.

Yes. Yes. Anything you say, papi. "Yeah." Luis tilted his head and was about to fill the narrow space in between them when the door was pushed open. The sounds from outside infiltrated the quiet of the bakery, but still wasn't enough to interrupt the little bubble Luis and Dominic formed in the corner of the booth. In the back of Luis' mind was a reminder of how he felt about PDA— rude and show-offish.

Well that was before I had someone to participate in PDA with.

But their lips were only pressed together for a few seconds before his conscience began to overrule his desire.

"Dominic." He closed his eyes and placed his hand against Dominic's chest. Their noses grazed each other. "I..."

"I know." Dominic whispered before shifting his face to the side, landing a soft kiss on Luis' cheek then to the corner of his mouth. He pulled back from Luis and turned his attention to the table. The hand he rested against Luis' other cheek fell to the table and grabbed his fork from the unfinished tiramisu. He scooped a piece and brought the fork to Luis' mouth. "More tiramisu?" Luis smiled.

The two finished off the dessert quietly. Trading pieces and soft smiles. When they left the bakery, Dominic held Luis' hand like he did when they arrived. They took a slow, leisurely pace on the walk back to Dominic's car. The atmosphere between them was light and intimate, and that stayed all through the ride back to Luis' apartment building. It didn't take much convincing from Dominic to let him walk Luis up to his apartment.

"You really didn't have to go out of your way to walk me up here." The two of them stopped in front of Luis' apartment door. His keys were in his hand, but he hadn't moved to unlock it.

"It's not out of my way. I just want to make sure you got home safely. It's nothing a gentleman wouldn't do."

"Well, I don't get many dates with gentlemen, so thank you for breaking the streak."