Chapter Fourteen

Whew. This chapter is a long one, but I hope you all enjoy! Once again, thanks for the love!

And as always, stay safe and healthy.

Dominic unabashedly stared at Luis with pure lust as he walked away with the kids. The things I'm gonna do to that ass—

"Good thing Luis can't get pregnant." Maurice said. "Because that look you're giving him now would leave you guys with twins." Dominic snorted and took another sip of his beer. His eyes still hadn't left Luis' form as the kids formed a circle around him. What started as a lust-filled stare turned into innocent adoration.

And Dominic wasn't the only one. The children adored him, and everyone could see it on their faces. Luis was the life of the party for the kids, and eventually the teenagers as the little ones were hitting the crash of their sugar highs. He watched as they formed a semi-circle on the patio steps, each shoving a phone in Luis' face, no doubt testing his meme knowledge. The scene made Dominic's heart skip a beat. His family loved his boyfriend. He was getting looks and nods of approval from every family member that passed by. His cousins were singing Luis' praises and demanded a cousins' night out—with Luis' attendance, of course.

Dominic spent as much time next to Luis as he could, but the rest of his family were adamant on stealing him away. He placed a kiss on Luis' forehead as he left him with a table full of his cousins. The entire day went better than he thought it would.

With two exceptions.

As he entered the kitchen through the patio door, he could hear his aunts talking their usual shit—but this time, it was about Luis.

"All we're saying, Angie," He heard Andrea's voice. "is that Dominic can find someone much more... worthy. This Luis guy doesn't believe in higher education, and from the looks of him, he doesn't believe in a healthy diet either."

"Now we all know," Vivian added. "that Dom isn't a saint, and he'd be lucky to find anyone that will have him with a past like his—"

"I am lucky." Dominic interrupted as he turned the corner. His aunts jumped, watching with wide eyes as he approached them. "Because Luis still wants to be with me, anyway. He knows everything and has still decided to pursue a relationship with me, of all people! An ex-con with anxiety issues. But he doesn't let that define me. Since the moment I've met him, he's been supportive, loving, thoughtful. Everything I thought I didn't deserve, but he doesn't let my issues stop him from caring about me. And you think as my family you would be happy for me."

"Sweetheart, we are!" Vivian pleaded. "We only want the best for you."

"Well, who you think might be the best for me, may not want the best for me. But Luis does. And he makes me happy. And for your information, I love his size. He has the best shaped ass I've ever seen." Dominic had to hold back his smile at his mother's snort. "Now, if you're done bashing the one person who's ever made me this happy, and I really hope you are, I'd like to speak to my mother in private."

The sisters glanced at each other before moving past Dominic to the patio. He could still see the judgment in their eyes, now paired with annoyance at being told off.

"You know you've just added more fuel to the fire, right?" His mother joked.

"I don't care. They need to understand they were out of line and that I won't find anyone that'll make me happier than Luis."

Angelica's joking smile changed to a look of pride. "I've never seen you stand up for anyone you've dated before."

He shrugged. "None of them were Luis."